OT: Larry Johnson Sr may be out at PSU | The Boneyard

OT: Larry Johnson Sr may be out at PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This would be a HUGE hit for PSU if true:
@johnclarknbc1046m
Source close to Penn State assistant Larry Johnson says its his intention to leave team after 18 years. He was one of top recruiters

Reaction Score
now that's someone I would like to see us hire.
I 'liked' this post and was asked "are you sure you want to 'like' this post?"... lol... Who wouldn't. I know our staff is in place but, at the same time LJ Sr is a commodity in this business.. He's got a proven track record... Who wouldn't want him on their staff?

Reaction Score
I 'liked' this post and was asked "are you sure you want to 'like' this post?"... lol... Who wouldn't. I know our staff is in place but, at the same time LJ Sr is a commodity in this business.. He's got a proven track record... Who wouldn't want him on their staff?

Poindexter and Brown for starters. ;)

No rooms left at the Inn.

Reaction Score

Like YOU, MY FIRST THOUGHT was that he could be a good hire. After reading and seeing the assistant coaches in the media clips and HCBD comment on the coaching staff thinking as one and meshing well together, I changed my thought to: Don't know if he would fit in....I JUST WANT HIS RECRUITS (cheaper-phone call away) .....time to hit the PSU RIVALS.com listing!!!!

Reaction Score
I cant imagine he hangs up his cleats, so do you want this guy out recruiting for Rutgers, UMd, UVa or any other program in our core area? I don't expect him to be added; I'd just prefer to see him walking the halls of HS' in the metro DC area wearing UConn gear.

Reaction Score
Keep your eye on him and MD...Edsall still needs a DL coach.

Reaction Score
great recruiter, the kids loved that guy, definitely will have a job somewhere if he wants one.

Reaction Score
I have a feeling this may have been a "jump the gun to get the scoop" tweet. He is still interim HC at PSU right now.

Reaction Score
I have a feeling this may have been a "jump the gun to get the scoop" tweet. He is still interim HC at PSU right now.

Seems disappointed he wasn't getting job... Read the johnclarknbc10 timeline.

"@johnclarknbc10: Even though its Larry Johnson's intention to leave Penn State at this point, those close to him believe Franklin could talk him into staying"

Reaction Score
Seems disappointed he wasn't getting job... Read the johnclarknbc10 timeline.

"@johnclarknbc10: Even though its Larry Johnson's intention to leave Penn State at this point, those close to him believe Franklin could talk him into staying"
If Franklin can talk him into staying...those 2 can bring PSU back quickly

Reaction Score
Keep your eye on him and MD...Edsall still needs a DL coach.
An even worse destination for him would be to.... ugh....BCU. If Don Brown manages to get the HC gig at UMass, you can bet that Addazio will be on the phone to Johnson.

Reaction Score
Larry isn't young, coached against him in Maryland when I got out of college in '78, he was established, a real gentleman, actually quite sof spoken, but really commanded your respect. Great guy!

Reaction Score
Done... Offered but turned down DL Coach position.

“@psufootball: Moving On: Penn State assistant coach Larry Johnson will not be part of James Franklin's staff http://dlvr.it/4hl73t”

Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate