OT - Kyle Field Expansion | The Boneyard

OT - Kyle Field Expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Only a matter of time before Texas A&M forces Texas into Pac 16. They will not be happy seeing A&M getting all the news time being in the SEC and winning.

Reaction Score
http://coachingsearch.com/component...ege-station-to-expand-capacity-to-102500.html

kylefield.jpg

The project is expected to cost $450 million. Watch the last two minutes or so of the video where they discuss lowering the field and installing canopies over seating sections to trap the noise.

No mention of a DJ!!

Reaction Score
Why do I believe that UCONN and the State of Connecticut could NOT only ever build a stadium of this porportion, but could also NOT generate a video with the graphic likes of the one shown above. Holy crap.

Reaction Score
Quality production. Guess they really do things big in Texas. Makes you wonder for a second if UConn Football really can ever compete at the top level.

Reaction Score
Looking for a good sports movie? Check out The Junction Boys about Bear Bryant's tenure at A&M.

Reaction Score
That stadium is just beyond impressive!!

There is absolutely nothing impressive about an institution of higher learning having to build a stadium that is 40,000 seats larger than most NFL stadiums. That doesn't mean you have a large fan base. It means you have a cult following that needs to get more hobbies in their life because college football isn't that special. I would be embarrassed.

Why do I believe that UCONN and the State of Connecticut could NOT only ever build a stadium of this porportion, but could also NOT generate a video with the graphic likes of the one shown above. Holy crap.!

Nor should we. I hope we drop football if we ever need to engage in these types of spectacles to impress people. It's one thing to upgrade to 50-55,000 to fit general stadium size in D1. Building a Roman Coliseum for 6 games a year is an embarrassment and yet another sign college football may not be worth even attempting to compete in.

Reaction Score
30,000 of the existing 82,000 seats at Kyle are for students.

Must be nice to have an on-campus stadium.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
There is absolutely nothing impressive about an institution of higher learning having to build a stadium that is 40,000 seats larger than most NFL stadiums. That doesn't mean you have a large fan base. It means you have a cult following that needs to get more hobbies in their life because college football isn't that special. I would be embarrassed.

Nor should we. I hope we drop football if we ever need to engage in these types of spectacles to impress people. It's one thing to upgrade to 50-55,000 to fit general stadium size in D1. Building a Roman Coliseum for 6 games a year is an embarrassment and yet another sign college football may not be worth even attempting to compete in.

These types of projects in TX just reaffirm my belief that the average size of the TX male wang is incredibly small.

Reaction Score
"At Texas A&M we don't watch the game, we effect it."

Reaction Score

Oh but we should. Definitely what UConn should aspire for. Kyle Field is more representative of the programs that UConn had hoped to be include with in CR. What part of this move to big time college sports is UConn not getting. Excellent facilities is one way to rachet up the caliber of the overall student body. Sports is a marketing tool that should say to prospective students, come here we have everything you need to be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom