OT: Kobe jersey retirement tonight | The Boneyard

OT: Kobe jersey retirement tonight

Reaction Score
I am by no means a Kobe Bryant fan but I fully respect his game and contribution. What struck me today was reading this gem about Kobe. It answers a lot of questions about his game, competitiveness and his fire. It also shows what it takes not to just succeed or survive, but to achieve greatness. There are a few others but its a select few who encompasses this trait. He could have gone very far just on his natural abilities. But to have natural abilities along with this trait is remarkable. It may also answer why he has so many Championships as opposed to those stars who simply are very talented. Linky

"Kobe realized that practice should be as hard as games, if not harder," Walton said. "Whatever drill there was, whatever scrimmage it was, he was talking trash to make everyone else step their level of play up—almost picking fights, because that brings out the edge in people. And you need that edge to win in this league."

I remember when he and Ray came in together and when he celebrated Ray's 3 breaking the point record during that game.

Kobe+Bryant+hugs+Ray+Allen+to+congratulate+him+on+his+3+point+NBA+record.JPG

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom