OT: Kerith Burke Tweet About Cubs Fans Who Didn't Live Long Enough... | The Boneyard

OT: Kerith Burke Tweet About Cubs Fans Who Didn't Live Long Enough...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
My late father and uncle would both have been thrilled - my dad passed in 1995 but my uncle passed only recently, in early 2015, and got to see the current team in fighting shape. He knew they were capable of erasing the curse.

It was a great, nay FABULOUS night for Cubs fans everywhere, both here and departed. A game that will never be forgotten.

Cubs win! Cubs win! Cubs win!

. . . . .Holy Cow !!

harry carey.jpg

Last edited:

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
As I recall, there was a a Red Sox fan forum thread back in 2004 when the Sox had a 3-0 Series lead. The subject was who a WS win would be for, specifically in honor of various family members who never got to experience one. I dislike the Sox but found that pretty cool.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
I finally got to see the Cubs win the Series. I wasn't even alive the last time they WENT to the series. A beautiful day for all Cubs fans everywhere!!

Reaction Score
My father died one year shortly after the University of Miami defeated arch-rival Florida State. During the eulogy, I put my hand on dad's coffin and gave him the final score. He loved his 'Canes and all sports Miami. He passed that love of sports on to me.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
I finally got to see the Cubs win the Series. I wasn't even alive the last time they WENT to the series. A beautiful day for all Cubs fans everywhere!!

This Cub fan definitely thinks it's a beautiful day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom