Ot Kentucky Senate votes to abolish U of L’s board | The Boneyard

Ot Kentucky Senate votes to abolish U of L’s board

Reaction Score
That happened four months ago... what's happened since?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The ACC deserves them and my hope is that UNC gets more than a slap on the wrist. Time for Tobacco Road to take a hit academically

I have zero sympathy for them

Don't get that hope too high. Ain't gonna happen (at least to Men's BB).

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Don't get that hope too high. Ain't gonna happen (at least to Men's BB).

I know wishful thinking on my part, considering what the NCAA did to UConn.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The lesson is that the optimal strategy is to cheat rather than to comply, at least if you dealing with the NCAA. I'm not happy about it but that result seems clear.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The Louisville story is old.

Much more important story happened last week.

The Papa John's guy, who is a trustee, bashed the leadership of the school and the athletic department.

“The athletics thing scares me,” Papa John began. “Because I have met with Greg (Postel) and he goes, the leadership is invisible. I said, get them in front of the trustees (board) so we can know what they’re doing. And he goes, good luck. He’s invisible. So, how do we put that third leg of the stool (athletics, others are university and foundation) on notice? Invisible! Invisible.”

When one of the board members, Postel, complained that UofL doesn’t have enough cash on hand, Papa John pointed out that’s pretty ridiculous considering they’re expanding the football stadium, which bears his name.

“We’re doing this by the skin of our teeth,” Papa John said, via Otts. We’re getting to put $60 million in a stadium — by the way, it’s my stadium — and we’re $5 million over budget and we’ve got 10 days of cash. This is crazy.”

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The Louisville story is old.

Much more important story happened last week.

The Papa John's guy, who is a trustee, bashed the leadership of the school and the athletic department.

“The athletics thing scares me,” Papa John began. “Because I have met with Greg (Postel) and he goes, the leadership is invisible. I said, get them in front of the trustees (board) so we can know what they’re doing. And he goes, good luck. He’s invisible. So, how do we put that third leg of the stool (athletics, others are university and foundation) on notice? Invisible! Invisible.”

When one of the board members, Postel, complained that UofL doesn’t have enough cash on hand, Papa John pointed out that’s pretty ridiculous considering they’re expanding the football stadium, which bears his name.

“We’re doing this by the skin of our teeth,” Papa John said, via Otts. We’re getting to put $60 million in a stadium — by the way, it’s my stadium — and we’re $5 million over budget and we’ve got 10 days of cash. This is crazy.”

Wow. What a mess. We can't even make up stuff that is worse than their reality, and yet, there they are in the ACC.

Reaction Score
The strategy of poaching middling Big East football programs and bringing them into the conference to compete monetarily at a level they're incapable of has been a really nice strategy by the ACC to wreck them, then eventually flush them down the toilet.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
@upstater was on this louisville problem quite a while back.

Reaction Score
Many university presidents fear these politicians because they fail to effectively communicate with them; the politicians do not realize the incredible damage that can be caused. Universities trade on reputation. You don't get that back easily. There are threads on Clyde Vaughn still on this very message board.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Many university presidents fear these politicians because they fail to effectively communicate with them; the politicians do not realize the incredible damage that can be caused. Universities trade on reputation. You don't get that back easily. There are threads on Clyde Vaughn still on this very message board.

You can thank one man for that. And it's because that poster's got skin in the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom