OT: - Kentucky “none-and-done” Hamidou Diallo will likely go up against Wednesday’s deadline before dec | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Kentucky “none-and-done” Hamidou Diallo will likely go up against Wednesday’s deadline before dec

pj

Reaction Score
But to get drafted, he'd have to work out with at least some college kids (specifically other draft-caliber kids) and NBA players, right? He can't/won't be exposed there?

He's refused to participate in any 5-on-5 workouts. Only 1-on-1 or maybe 2-on-2. His athleticism shows better with fewer on the court.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
But to get drafted, he'd have to work out with at least some college kids (specifically other draft-caliber kids) and NBA players, right? He can't/won't be exposed there?

He's a good player man. He's gonna look good in the workouts. Even if he doesn't shoot well, gm's will think "can teach him that".

He might even shine in workouts cause his athleticism will dominate one on one.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
NBADraft.net has him going 20th to Portland.

Draftexpress has him going 35th to Orlando.

I'd probably guess somewhere in between, but more towards the later side.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Zero chance this kid goes in the second round, he has exactly what GMs have been getting fired reaching for in the draft for years now.

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
I think end of first round you can get lottery talent for the 28th pick. They do it all the time for Euros at the back end of round 1. I cant imagine somebody deep in round 1 wont bite when their other alternatives are unproven youth from overseas or players you see in the 7th-8th man slot.

Reaction Score
NBADraft.net has him going 20th to Portland.

Draftexpress has him going 35th to Orlando.

I'd probably guess somewhere in between, but more towards the later side.

Will wager fake internet pride he goes before 20.

Reaction Score
That clinches it for me. If the Knicks aren't after him he's a lock to be an all star.....

Reaction Score

Also, this is the most transparent leak from Diallo's agent I've ever seen. Hey Adam, you don't need to just say "source" when the particular info can only possibly be obtained from one person.

pj

Reaction Score
I guess he got some good advice for a change. Which makes it all the more disturbing that UConn couldn't get him to enroll for September 2016. With a year of college under his belt, he might have had a realistic chance to declare in this draft. He'd also be better prepared for the 2018 draft if he had 2 years of college instead of one.

Reaction Score

I'm shocked by this... He risks exposing himself. I've only seen highlight stuff, but there are a million really athletic 6-5 guys who cannot shoot who eventually do not reach their potential. If he had any chance of going first round and getting that guaranteed money, he should take it now.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I'm shocked by this... He risks exposing himself. I've only seen highlight stuff, but there are a million really athletic 6-5 guys who cannot shoot who eventually do not reach their potential. If he had any chance of going first round and getting that guaranteed money, he should take it now.

While you're not wrong, HD is not just some athletic dude. He's preternaturally athletic. It's not like there's guys like this in every draft.

Reaction Score
While you're not wrong, HD is not just some athletic dude. He's preternaturally athletic. It's not like there's guys like this in every draft.

Absolutely, he is incredibly athletic. But if the skills are not there, especially as a jump shooter, then it is irrelevant. The most athletic player I ever saw was Schea Cotton. Legit 6-5 215 as a high schooler, 40+ inch vertical, quick, strong as hell. Man amongst boys. He also had no jumpshot outside 16'. Couple that with sketchiness around him and he never amounted to anything. Not saying Diallo is that, in fact, Diallo is not nearly as talented as Cotton, but if he cannot shoot; and all reports are that he is mediocre at best, he would be silly to expose himself in college now. Take the money and run...

Reaction Score
Absolutely, he is incredibly athletic. But if the skills are not there, especially as a jump shooter, then it is irrelevant. The most athletic player I ever saw was Schea Cotton. Legit 6-5 215 as a high schooler, 40+ inch vertical, quick, strong as hell. Man amongst boys. He also had no jumpshot outside 16'. Couple that with sketchiness around him and he never amounted to anything. Not saying Diallo is that, in fact, Diallo is not nearly as talented as Cotton, but if he cannot shoot; and all reports are that he is mediocre at best, he would be silly to expose himself in college now. Take the money and run...

Really good call on Schea Cotton, perfect comparison it would seem. No matter how terrific of an athlete there's way too many that can't shoot hence don't make it.

Reaction Score
This was leaked out last night in order to help generate a guarantee. I would be shocked if he came back. I also will be shocked that if does come back, that he will "help" his stock next year.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
This was leaked out last night in order to help generate a guarantee. I would be shocked if he came back. I also will be shocked that if does come back, that he will "help" his stock next year.

Very interesting. And if it turns out true, his camp has played it quite strategically smart.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I've never seen a prospect have the body control, agility, explosiveness, speed, and hands bundled up with his insane leaping ability. Not to mention he's a long 6'5".

I don't care if he can't shoot or dribble the guy will sell tickets for the dunks he throws down. The worst case scenario is a Gerald Green type guy.

He should definitely go if a first round selection is guaranteed.

Reaction Score
And I mean hey, Derrick Jones is getting minutes in Phoenix after dunking on people in the D-league for a couple months

pj

Reaction Score

Seems likely, they are trying to answer the critique that he's afraid to play in college by saying they're considering playing in college.

By the way, I didn't realize until viewing the Taliek interview posted separately that Taliek was coaching Hami in New York. His UConn connections run deep. No wonder they thought they would get him.

Reaction Score
could do kid be any more of an attention whre?? worse than a Coachella chick posting 13 selfies

from this past summer, maybe ill reclassify and enroll in the fall

then to this winter... UConn or UK... publicized visits and consideration

keep everyone talking about him and wondering if he would play

finally declare for the draft without an agent, and take until the very last hour to announce decision

loves to be the center of attention and have everyone talking/waiting on him

intlzncster

Reaction Score
And I mean hey, Derrick Jones is getting minutes in Phoenix after dunking on people in the D-league for a couple months

For lesser teams, big dunks sell tickets!

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
If Diallo does pull out and return to UK (surprising), I wouldn't be surprised for him to have a formal press conference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom