OT: Kennedy Center 2016 Honorees Announced | The Boneyard

OT: Kennedy Center 2016 Honorees Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Martha Argereich, Eagles, Al Pacino, Mavis Staples. James Taylor.

Sunday, December 4.

I wish Sherill Milnes had been included. Or Carol King. Bela Fleck, Mark O'Connor and Edgar Meyer not yet old enough, I guess.

Reaction Score
This has been known for awhile, I think. I'm a massive, massive Martha Argereich fan (yes, you don't need to be a U.S. citizen to be selected), and probably have every single one of her CDs. But she's an infamous no-show in concert. I hold two pairs of very expensive tickets unused because she canceled. She won't cancel from the Kennedy Center, and I adore her to pieces, but I do hold a little bit of a grudge.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
This has been known for awhile, I think. I'm a massive, massive Martha Argereich fan (yes, you don't need to be a U.S. citizen to be selected), and probably have every single one of her CDs. But she's an infamous no-show in concert. I hold two pairs of very expensive tickets unused because she canceled. She won't cancel from the Kennedy Center, and I adore her to pieces, but I do hold a little bit of a grudge.

At some point she apparently canceled her marriage to Conductor Charles Dutoit.;)

Add Lorin Maazel to the list of deserving honorees. IMO

Reaction Score
At some point she apparently canceled her marriage to Conductor Charles Dutoit.;)

Add Lorin Maazel to the list of deserving honorees. IMO
But he still conducts for her!

Reaction Score
Martha Argereich, Eagles, Al Pacino, Mavis Staples. James Taylor.

Sunday, December 4.
I wish Sherill Milnes had been included. Or Carol King. Bela Fleck, Mark O'Connor and Edgar Meyer not yet old enough, I guess.

Pretty sure Carole King was honored last year or the year before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom