OT - Keith Olbermann: The NFL Has Finally Lost...to the WFL. | The Boneyard

OT - Keith Olbermann: The NFL Has Finally Lost...to the WFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The influence of the WFL (World Football League) upon the modern NFL is heavily forgotten. As worthy of being remembered as the ABA.

Last edited:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I remember that league well and went to NY Stars games (at a dump, Downing Stadium on Randall's Island) for the 2/3 of a season that the team played there.

I did not play the video so I'm guessing KO is comparing the proposed optional automatic extra point to the WFL's 7 point TD and action point.

If the bring back the Dicker Rod I'm giving up pro football.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I remember that league well and went to NY Stars games (at a dump, Downing Stadium on Randall's Island) for the 2/3 of a season that the team played there.
Holy crap, they played football games there? I saw the beastie boys play there many many moons ago. Tibetan freedom concert.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
That was just bad reporting....

Reaction Score
Didn't Chuck Knoblock hit Olberman's mom in the head with and errant throw in the stands from 2nd base?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Holy crap, they played football games there? I saw the beastie boys play there many many moons ago. Tibetan freedom concert.

This would have been at least a decade earlier. The place was beyond a dump and the lights (WFL began by trying to play only night games) were from when the Polo Grounds was leveled about a dozen years earlier. They were obviously inadequate (as was the entire league) and the ownership of the team skipped town while on a road trip. We found out three days before a game that the game would be played in Charlotte but we could use our tickets for admission if we wanted to attend the game.

Reaction Score
This would have been at least a decade earlier. The place was beyond a dump and the lights (WFL began by trying to play only night games) were from when the Polo Grounds was leveled about a dozen years earlier. They were obviously inadequate (as was the entire league) and the ownership of the team skipped town while on a road trip. We found out three days before a game that the game would be played in Charlotte but we could use our tickets for admission if we wanted to attend the game.

LOL. The game 3 days from now has been moved about 700 miles south but your tickets are still good!

Reaction Score
This thread has nothing to do with politics. Nor do I.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom