OT: KC Chiefs - pretender or contender? | The Boneyard

OT: KC Chiefs - pretender or contender?

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Huge game tonight between Manning and the Broncos and the 9-0 Chiefs. The Chiefs are this year's amazing turnaround. They have a really solid defense, a recycled QB in Alex Smith who's also played solid, and one outstanding offensive player in Jamaal Charles. Should be a great offense-defense matchup. I have always been a fan of Andy Reid from my time in Philly, and I think the Eagles fans really didn't know what they were losing when they sent him packing. I think the Chiefs, with home field advantage, would be the team to beat in the playoffs. That said, they really are a one man gang on offense and an injury or a Belichek-style gameplan could neutralize Charles and send them packing. This is a great test for them tonight, this should be fun. And I believe they are a contender.

Reaction Score
How about first offensive play for KC is a pass to Sherman out of backfield that goes for 16!

Reaction Score
Any team that makes the playoffs can get hot and win...I didn't think Balt had a great shot last year. They have a great defense and RB and a QB who doesn't turn it over. However, I don't see how you win a Super Bowl with Alex Smith. The Giants won their last Super Bowl because of him. Eli couldn't do anything against the SF defense but Alex Smith somehow looked worse.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Sherman with a killer turnover WTF !!!! Damn!

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Any team that makes the playoffs can get hot and win...I didn't think Balt had a great shot last year. They have a great defense and RB and a QB who doesn't turn it over. However, I don't see how you win a Super Bowl with Alex Smith. The Giants won their last Super Bowl because of him. Eli couldn't do anything against the SF defense but Alex Smith somehow looked worse.
Baltimore won a superbowl with Trent Dilfer.

Reaction Score
They remind me of the Titans back in 08. They came out of nowhere, had the best record in the AFC, and fell apart in the post season. Time will tell.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The Chiefs are my 2nd favorite team right now because their GM John Dorsey's a former UConn FB star. He might just end up as the Exec of the Year.

Reaction Score
The Chiefs are my 2nd favorite team right now because their GM John Dorsey's a former UConn FB star. He might just end up as the Exec of the Year.

No question he has to be considered the favorite. He made some nice, under the radar moves (including trade for Sherman).

That is a very good team, game was a lot closer than it appeared. They are definitely a legitimate contender. I am interested to see their rematch with Denver in 2 weeks, in Kansas City.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
KC reminds me of some of the Edsall teams. Offensively challenged and great defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom