OT: just turned on Auburn game | The Boneyard

OT: just turned on Auburn game

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Missed it, but don’t want to pay attention.

So.... can someone please explain to be the big deal about queso?

What is it? Why?

How can it be 6.50 for 12 oz at moes?

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Anyway. Is queso a bigger scam than ketchup?

I think it might be considering price per ounce

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I can’t figure it out!!

People talk about it like it’s liquid gold

I think it became popular as Chipotle and Moe's became popular. Before that it was just some nasty stuff that they sold at Stop and Shop next to equally nasty Tostitos salsa. It's like re-branded and melted cheese wiz

Reaction Score
Will probably order some queso fundido at my favorite Mexican joint in Pilsen mañana. Good stuff. The past four or five days have made me too fat to ride The Joker.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
One of my early memories is my mom bringing cans of rotel back from Georgia in early 70s ( you couldn’t get it In northeast then) and mixing it with melted velveeta. For a dip. It was an ok novelty ( like getting coors when it was only available Westof Rockies )but nothing special.

So why is every fast food Mexican place charging 2 bucks an ounce and millenials go crazy for it? In 2017!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
So why is every fast food Mexican place charging 2 bucks an ounce and millenials go crazy for it? In 2017!

You really have to ask that? After all this time?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Why do Moe’s employees scream at you when you walk in?

The indignities of the minimum wage worker as applied by management because they think it helps sales.

And queso is a very, very bland white unaged cheese. There is zero reason to pay money for it or even allow it near your food. Basically, the minute milk curds enough to form a semi solid lump, you have queso. The stuff the put on Doritos is better cheese food.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Chili con queso, when made correctly at a real Mexican restaurant (somewhere other than the NE) or at home (not the melted Velveeta and Rotel), is awesome. It is my favorite snack. As for how expensive it is, when made with real ingredients like real cheese, think about how expensive cheese is at the grocery store. Heck, nachos at the ballpark are expensive, and they're made from a huge can of Rico's that is nothing more than a poor man's Velveeta in a can.

I'm sorry about your daughter. I hope she's feeling better.

Reaction Score
Guy Fieri's Super Melty Cheese > melted cheese
guyfieri_web.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44