OT: Just Put A Fork In My Eye! | The Boneyard

OT: Just Put A Fork In My Eye!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
bs_jj_071718_0573_copy.jpg

Ever see him let anyone else sit in that chair take a picture and send it to me.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The first episode features Jon Stewart, Snoop Dogg, Odell Beckham Jr. and Candace Parker. :eek:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Plastic fork or metal?

I actually saw a brief preview... And it was very interesting. I don't have HBO so I'll have to find an alternate way to see it.

Reaction Score
This isn't new - HBO is the new part. A while back LaBron told Nick Saban to cease and desist their little local Alabama "Barbershop" show. Saban told LaBron to go pound sand - that LaBron didn't invent the concept, and they were just having fun with it down there, and they would continue to have all the fun they wanted.

LaBron is totally 100% Hollywood now. The week after he signed with the Lakers he and his wife were seen by paparazzi dining on sushi at Nobu in Malibu with Tristen Thompson and Khloe Kardashian. No sooner had I thought there is NOTHING more "Hollywood" than being seen with a Kardashian at Nobu, he was seen at Avra Beverly Hills having dinner with Leonardo DeCaprio and Al Pacino. Get ready for movies (the big movie stars make a LOT more $$ than the big athletes), NFL ownership, who knows - politics?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This isn't new - HBO is the new part. A while back LaBron told Nick Saban to cease and desist their little local Alabama "Barbershop" show. Saban told LaBron to go pound sand - that LaBron didn't invent the concept, and they were just having fun with it down there, and they would continue to have all the fun they wanted.

LaBron is totally 100% Hollywood now. The week after he signed with the Lakers he and his wife were seen by paparazzi dining on sushi at Nobu in Malibu with Tristen Thompson and Khloe Kardashian. No sooner had I thought there is NOTHING more "Hollywood" than being seen with a Kardashian at Nobu, he was seen at Avra Beverly Hills having dinner with Leonardo DeCaprio and Al Pacino. Get ready for movies (the big movie stars make a LOT more $$ than the big athletes), NFL ownership, who knows - politics?
LBJ said he wants to be the richest guy in the world more than the best baller ever. This is the guy who took his talents to South Beach. The arena is in downtown Miami, not Miami Beach.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Plastic fork or metal?

I actually saw a brief preview... And it was very interesting. I don't have HBO so I'll have to find an alternate way to see it.
Looks like fun to me. It beats C-Span.

Reaction Score

Maybe so. But your so-called narcissist is also an astounding philanthropist in the best way: quietly.

No need to read if you want to cleave to your opinion, though.

Here’s why LeBron James might be the most generous NBA star today

James knows how to share and donate money where it matters. Here are five proofs that he might be the most generous NBA player today.

After-School All-Stars
His foundation supports the After-School All-Stars for children in Akron, Ohio. It initially started as a “Wheels For Education” which helps children in education and get involved with extracurricular activities. So far, James has donated $40 million. The program is supporting over 800 children and the first batch of graduates will be on 2021.

Supporting other legends
LeBron also recognizes legends in other sports. He has donated $2.5 million to “Muhammad Ali: A Force For Change” exhibit at the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture. Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson have also contributed to this cause.

“The Decision” proceeds
When James spurned Cleveland to take his talents to Miami, he did it via the highly controversial TV event called “The Decision”. He then donated the proceeds of the spectacle to Boys and Girls Clubs of America. He and his wife have also helped renovate classrooms. Aside from donation 1000 new computers to 59 Boys and Girls Clubs, the estimated amount he has given to the club is at $2.5 million.

ONEXONE
James is also a believer in ONEXONE which supports at-risk children by helping them get better by providing solutions in hunger, health, education, water, and play. The Cleveland star does not forget where he came from, thus his affinity to institutions that support children.

Promise School
Recently, LeBron announced that his Promise School is going to open soon in partnership with Akron Public Schools. The school will debut innovative features focusing on hands-on learning, science, technology, engineering, and math. Michele Campbell, executive director of James Foundation, believes in the initiative. “We know this is going to be successful because LeBron James has brought a community of partners, resources, and expertise, and with the help of these partners, we’re ready to take this next huge step,” she added.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Just a little cultural clarification for @RockyMTblue2 and maybe others. Going to the barbershop in black neighborhoods often has little to do with actually getting a haircut. Sitting in the barber's chair or any chair for that matter is not required. It is much more of a social event to chop it up, argue, dis, eat & pay homage. The barbershop is also the best food court and if you should need a haircut you would time it with the arrival of Mrs Claire's fish platter (Friday's after 2:00) or Miss Pearl corn bread. It's a happening, not a place.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Just a little cultural clarification for @RockyMTblue2 and maybe others. Going to the barbershop in black neighborhoods often has little to do with actually getting a haircut. Sitting in the barber's chair or any chair for that matter is not required. It is much more of a social event to chop it up, argue, dis, eat & pay homage. The barbershop is also the best food court and if you should need a haircut you would time it with the arrival of Mrs Claire's fish platter (Friday's after 2:00) or Miss Pearl corn bread. It's a happening, not a place.

I don't need no stinking cultural clarification CocoDog. And, by the way, the barbershop was the cultural center for lots of small town and big city white dudes too.

Interesting article this: http://www.returnofkings.com/46142/on-the-barbershop-culture

And this:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Depending on the time and day... It's also can be a marketplace... Men and women come inside to hawk Lamps... Soaps... Shampoo, deodorants, dvds, flowers, colognes, perfumes etc....

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Maybe so. But your so-called narcissist is also an astounding philanthropist in the best way: quietly.

No need to read if you want to cleave to your opinion, though.

Here’s why LeBron James might be the most generous NBA star today

James knows how to share and donate money where it matters. Here are five proofs that he might be the most generous NBA player today.

After-School All-Stars
His foundation supports the After-School All-Stars for children in Akron, Ohio. It initially started as a “Wheels For Education” which helps children in education and get involved with extracurricular activities. So far, James has donated $40 million. The program is supporting over 800 children and the first batch of graduates will be on 2021.

Supporting other legends
LeBron also recognizes legends in other sports. He has donated $2.5 million to “Muhammad Ali: A Force For Change” exhibit at the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture. Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson have also contributed to this cause.

“The Decision” proceeds
When James spurned Cleveland to take his talents to Miami, he did it via the highly controversial TV event called “The Decision”. He then donated the proceeds of the spectacle to Boys and Girls Clubs of America. He and his wife have also helped renovate classrooms. Aside from donation 1000 new computers to 59 Boys and Girls Clubs, the estimated amount he has given to the club is at $2.5 million.

ONEXONE
James is also a believer in ONEXONE which supports at-risk children by helping them get better by providing solutions in hunger, health, education, water, and play. The Cleveland star does not forget where he came from, thus his affinity to institutions that support children.

Promise School
Recently, LeBron announced that his Promise School is going to open soon in partnership with Akron Public Schools. The school will debut innovative features focusing on hands-on learning, science, technology, engineering, and math. Michele Campbell, executive director of James Foundation, believes in the initiative. “We know this is going to be successful because LeBron James has brought a community of partners, resources, and expertise, and with the help of these partners, we’re ready to take this next huge step,” she added.

Great Post. I cant understand the animosity LBJ generates. He plays the game the right way and his philanthropic activities off the court should be admired. Pretty simple to me.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
Interesting note... Lebron is being sued by a Detroit barber who has been doing this for 6 years now. Apprarently, at some point, he discussed this with a member of James' media staff. A couple of years later, Lebron's show came about with the title "The Shop". What's ironic is the Detroit company sent Lebron a cease and desist letter that Lebron ignored, but then struck out at Saban with his own cease and desist letter to the football coach.

Detroit barber in legal battle with LeBron James over idea for TV show

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom