OT: Julius Randle | The Boneyard

OT: Julius Randle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This kid is an absolute beast already. Incredible physical tools and a motor that you don't often see. Despite playing for The Squid, this kid is a joy to watch.

Reaction Score
He's an NBA player that needs to be doubled. Looks like Zach Randolph.

I wasn't impressed at all with the Harrison twins however. They're body language is as bad as advertised and they couldn't keep up with MSU's faster guards. Their guard play overall looked bad and that will be there Achilles heel going forward.

Reaction Score
He's an NBA player that needs to be doubled. Looks like Zach Randolph.

I wasn't impressed at all with the Harrison twins however. They're body language is as bad as advertised and they couldn't keep up with MSU's faster guards. Their guard play overall looked bad and that will be there Achilles heel going forward.

He impressed me last night but I think that Jabari Parker looked fantastic as well.

I'm trying to figure out how in the world Parker was criticized as unathletic by some "scouts" last year. He was described as not deserving of #1.

It's really a shame that UConn was "demoted" to the AAC and got hit with APR because Parker and his father were said to be very fond of Kevin Ollie.

Those 3 players, Wiggins, Parker, Randle, appear to be the real deal.

Hope the Celtics land one of them.

All you need to do is be top 3 in the lottery.

Reaction Score
I was really surprised by Randle's ball handling. He took guys off the dribble from the top of the key right to the tin. Pretty impressive stuff.

After watching all the games last ngiht i really wish our OOC schedule was better. Maryland at Barclays was cool but Warde really needs to step up the scheduling. We need to be apart of these tip-off specials etc instead of playing Yale at 3pm on Veterans day. C'mon man!

Reaction Score
I was really surprised by Randle's ball handling. He took guys off the dribble from the top of the key right to the tin. Pretty impressive stuff.

After watching all the games last ngiht i really wish our OOC schedule was better. Maryland at Barclays was cool but Warde really needs to step up the scheduling. We need to be apart of these tip-off specials etc instead of playing Yale at 3pm on Veterans day. C'mon man!

Sigh. UConn has historically had one of the toughest OOCs out there. UConn has played in Maui several times.

Not sure what more Manuel can do for the OOC. It's not his fault that Maryland, Florida and Indiana are not top 10 teams this year. The 3 are historically top 15 bball programs. What more do you want? Then he works around the top 3 by scheduling Stanford and Washington as well. He's talking to schools like Michigan and Kansas in the future.

UConn was part of a tipoff last year that much of the country watched, playing Michigan State in Germany.

And Duke and Kentucky just played cupcakes this weekend while UConn was playing Maryland.

Reaction Score

Great ball handler but he got stripped atleast 5 times that I saw and I think he had 7 turnovers. Apparently he has small hands (probably the reason SDSU didn't go after him).

Reaction Score
He suffered a broken foot during the summer and then his weight ballooned, he was out of shape the majority of the HS season.

He impressed me last night but I think that Jabari Parker looked fantastic as well.

I'm trying to figure out how in the world Parker was criticized as unathletic by some "scouts" last year. He was described as not deserving of #1.

It's really a shame that UConn was "demoted" to the AAC and got hit with APR because Parker and his father were said to be very fond of Kevin Ollie.

Those 3 players, Wiggins, Parker, Randle, appear to be the real deal.

Hope the Celtics land one of them.

All you need to do is be top 3 in the lottery.

Reaction Score
He suffered a broken foot during the summer and then his weight ballooned, he was out of shape the majority of the HS season.

Ahhh, didn't realize that.

Reaction Score
Sigh. UConn has historically had one of the toughest OOCs out there. UConn has played in Maui several times.

Not sure what more Manuel can do for the OOC. It's not his fault that Maryland, Florida and Indiana are not top 10 teams this year. The 3 are historically top 15 bball programs. What more do you want? Then he works around the top 3 by scheduling Stanford and Washington as well. He's talking to schools like Michigan and Kansas in the future.

UConn was part of a tipoff last year that much of the country watched, playing Michigan State in Germany.

And Duke and Kentucky just played cupcakes this weekend while UConn was playing Maryland.

You can't honestly be touting the paradise jam? The teams in that tournament were a joke...what's even more embarassing is that we didnt win it all...

The tip-off game against Mich State last year was awesome. That's exactly what I'm talking about. There's no reason why we can't be involved in something marquee like that every year.

As i said the Maryland game was cool but it wasn't advertised as part of the big college basketball tip-off. All the buzz surrounded teams playing last night not last Friday.

Take a look at Kentucky, Duke, Mich State and kansas' OOC schedule this year and tell me ours is comparable. I understand it's difficult to land a ton of big time matchups but going into a season when you know you have a really good team coming back wouldn't you want to showcase rather than play cupcakes? Create some damn buzz.

Reaction Score
You can't honestly be touting the paradise jam? The teams in that tournament were a joke...what's even more embarassing is that we didnt win it all...

The tip-off game against Mich State last year was awesome. That's exactly what I'm talking about. There's no reason why we can't be involved in something marquee like that every year.

As i said the Maryland game was cool but it wasn't advertised as part of the big college basketball tip-off. All the buzz surrounded teams playing last night not last Friday.

Take a look at Kentucky, Duke, Mich State and kansas' OOC schedule this year and tell me ours is comparable. I understand it's difficult to land a ton of big time matchups but going into a season when you know you have a really good team coming back wouldn't you want to showcase rather than play cupcakes? Create some damn buzz.
It's pretty obvious that he's not touting the Paradise Jam.

Reaction Score
All I was thinking during that game was ....Can our guys contain him? Yikes. Positve thoughts...positive thoughts...positve.....

Reaction Score
All I was thinking during that game was ....Can our guys contain him? Yikes. Positve thoughts...positive thoughts...positve.....
It would be tough but I think Niels and DD could handle Young, and our backcourt would carve their's up.

Reaction Score
Regardless of their upset loss to Harvard in the tourney, New Mexico had a very good team and a more complete team than ours as they actually had big men, plus the team had already logged heavy travel hours right off the bat. Losing to NM was not an embarrasment. I'm sure the schedule will be even better once Louisville leaves the conference but this team is in plenty of showcase games, the matchup agaisnt Maryland was top 3 on opening day imo along with Oregon/GT and Colorado/Baylor. We're playing a UF team that would be top 10 w/o suspensions, Stanford is the 2nd most talented team in the Pac12 imo, they just have a sh t coach, 2K classic was locked in when they had no idea whether IU would be top 25, Harvard is very good and is going to generate a ton of interest as a marquee New England matchup. Is it on Kansas's or Duke's level, no, but this is the best non conference slate that we've had in forever.

Reaction Score
I'm not going to go too far back but 09-10 we had Duke and Kentucky . 10-11 we had Mich State and Kentucky. 11-12 Florida State and Harvard 12-13 Mich State NC State 13-14 Florida

Trending in the wrong direction. Schedules aren't set 3 years in advance. theyre done the year before and you should have an idea what kind of program will be returning the next year. If we want to be in the same breath as the bigs we need to play them. We've won 3 Nat championships since '99 yet we continually get glanced over in media coverage. IMO scheduling creates hype. This program needs hype. Rings don't lie but we could benefit in alot of ways from being in that upper echelon of programs that people are always talking about.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The 3 studs are studs. No question.

I think I was most impressed by Parker. His athleticism has been criticized. I don't get it. Of the 3, he looked the most ready to step on an NBA court and score 30. Randle can get definitely hold his own in the League, too. I can see why Wiggins is regarded as having the most upside, but right now he's a little behind the other two developmentally, I think.

I really liked what I saw out of Selden. Very impressive young player.

Reaction Score

Maui is not the Paradise Jam. We played Michigan St. and Kentucky in Maui in 2011. You can't go back to that every year. They rotate.
I did look at the other OOC schedules. Michigan St. plays Kentucky and Texas (UNC in the automatic ACC Challenge). Duke plays Kansas and UCLA (not counting the automatic ACC Challenge against Michigan). Kansas has Duke, Florida and Georgetown. Kentucky schedules well in the OOC, but they have to because they're in a conference weaker than the AAC.

In other words, none of these teams are outhustling UConn.

You do realize I hope that by the time these teams determine that they have a good team coming back, the top teams they play the following year are already set. These contracts are made long in advance. And every single team you listed above is scheduling cupcakes. Every single one. Hell, Detroit and Boston U. are part of the 2k Classic. If Uconn wants to take part in that tourney at MSG, it MUST face Detroit and Boston U.

Again, by the time UConn determines that Indiana, Florida and Maryland may not be top 25 teams (though Florida is ranked), it's too late. The schedule is set. Sometimes these games are contracted 5 years in advance. You tell me what Warde is supposed to do. Tell the future? Predict that Indiana, Florida and Maryland will be bad many years out?

Reaction Score
I'm not going to go too far back but 09-10 we had Duke and Kentucky . 10-11 we had Mich State and Kentucky. 11-12 Florida State and Harvard 12-13 Mich State NC State 13-14 Florida

2013: Maryland, Boston Coll., Indiana, Washington, Florida, Stanford, Harvard
2012: Michigan St., Wake Forest, New Mexico (not a marquee name, but they were ranked top 20 all year), NC State, Washington
2011: Florida State, Arkansas, Tennessee (back when Bruce Pearl was there, and they were good)
2010: Wichita st., Michigan St., Kentucky, Texas, Tennessee
2009: LSU, Duke, Kentucky, Michigan, Texas
2008: Miami, Wisconsin, Gonzaga, Michigan
2007: Memphis, Gonzaga, Indiana, Georgia Tech

If you go back the last 7 years, you'd be hardpressed to find schools with better OOC schedules, with the exception of Michigan St. This year UConn is facing Maryland, Indiana and Florida teams that are not as good as they typically are.

Reaction Score

Trending in the wrong direction. Schedules aren't set 3 years in advance. theyre done the year before and you should have an idea what kind of program will be returning the next year. If we want to be in the same breath as the bigs we need to play them. We've won 3 Nat championships since '99 yet we continually get glanced over in media coverage. IMO scheduling creates hype. This program needs hype. Rings don't lie but we could benefit in alot of ways from being in that upper echelon of programs that people are always talking about.

Lol wow. I can't believe you're complaining about our non-conference schedule this year. We weren't asked to participate in the Chicago event - it's not like we turned it down. The Barclays game against Maryland is the exact same game that Kentucky played in last year. It's good enough for them but not for us? The 2K Sports Classic has hosted Duke, UCLA, UNC, Ohio State, Syracuse, and plenty more in the last five years. Should we be passing up a chance to play two games at MSG because we're looking for a better deal?

We're starting a home-and-home series against Florida and will hopefully see Indiana at MSG. Boston College, Harvard, Stanford, and Washington aren't slouches either. Not to mention, this year's version of the AAC actually won't kill our SOS.

We basically put together a schedule that will end up being comparable SOS-wise to the schedule we played last year as part of the Big East. And you're still finding a way to complain about it.

Reaction Score

This is just annoying.

Reaction Score
The 3 studs are studs. No question.

I think I was most impressed by Parker. His athleticism has been criticized. I don't get it. Of the 3, he looked the most ready to step on an NBA court and score 30. Randle can get definitely hold his own in the League, too. I can see why Wiggins is regarded as having the most upside, but right now he's a little behind the other two developmentally, I think.

I really liked what I saw out of Selden. Very impressive young player.

Agree with everything you say, though I was most impressed with Randle (may just be a personal preference since low post guys are so rare these days). Wiggins is definitely behind the other two developmentally, but he may still be just as good as the other two. Parker looks like he could end up being a rich man's Carmelo Anthony, which, as much as people on this board like to take shots at Melo, is no small task. Randle could play in an NBA game tomorrow and drop 20 and 10.

Reaction Score
Looking at last nights games with the hype you always ask "how can we possibly match up with that?" , but in the tournament every year teams ranked 1 and 2 are commonly bumped off.

Reaction Score
Duke really had Parker playing the five. We match up with that team tremendously well...IF daniels were to be up for the game. Quinn cook stinks they would want no parts of our backcourt.

Reaction Score
Agree with everything you say, though I was most impressed with Randle (may just be a personal preference since low post guys are so rare these days). Wiggins is definitely behind the other two developmentally, but he may still be just as good as the other two. Parker looks like he could end up being a rich man's Carmelo Anthony, which, as much as people on this board like to take shots at Melo, is no small task. Randle could play in an NBA game tomorrow and drop 20 and 10.

Carmelo is a poor man's Parker? I love it! :)

Reaction Score
Agree that Wiggins probably isn't as polished right now but he is no doubt the #1 pick in my mind, clearly has the most upside. I get that all three of them are awesome players but Parker is a rich man's Carmelo and Randle could play in NBA game tomorrow and drop 20 and 10, slow your roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom