OT- Jokic | The Boneyard

OT- Jokic

Reaction Score
I think that Nikola Jokic Anthony Davis debate is over. Just a crazy season for the Joker and back to back MVP.

Tweet from Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport)
Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) Tweeted:
Jokic becomes the first player in NBA history with 2,000 points, 1,000 rebounds, and 500 assists in a single season https://post original url/8ftYQxOXNR

Reaction Score
The debate with Jokic now is whether he's joined Kareem and Shaq atop the list of the most dominant offensive centers since the merger.

Given the way he raises the level of everybody on the court with him, and how he's done that this year even without Murray and MPJ... dude's the MVP at the very least.

Reaction Score
The debate with Jokic now is whether he's joined Kareem and Shaq atop the list of the most dominant offensive centers since the merger.

Given the way he raises the level of everybody on the court with him, and how he's done that this year even without Murray and MPJ... dude's the MVP at the very least.

He's shooting over 4% higher on 2's than Shaq did in his best shooting season ever. That's insane considering Shaq dunked all the time and Jokic almost never dunks and then you factor in Jokic is one of the best passers ever.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Can't omit Olajuwon from that conversation on offense.

Reaction Score
Amazing that he was a 2nd rd pick, arguably the biggest steal in NBA history. Ironically Giannis was in that same draft, drafted 15th over all ,the Celtics took Kelly Olynyk over him btw.

Reaction Score
Feels like that debate was settled a few years ago TBH. AD is just too injury prone to be considered great.
Heard a good point that Jokic and Embiid have both gotten drastically better over the last 5 years and AD hasn’t improved much of anything in that same timeframe

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
when he's done, they should save his brain in the laboratory to learn where those synapses are that tell him 'throw it there, the guy will have a bunny,' or 'stand over there, that's where the ball will carom to.'
absolutely brilliant bball brain.
and, wait for it, wait, waaaaiiitttt, wait for it.......
it's why the smartest hoopster in cbb the past few years, colin g, will be drafted. those super smart hoopsters make everrone around them better, cuz their brains only have one prime directive - 'what do i have to do to give us the best chance for winning the game?'

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
With his passing ability, the only somewhat comparable former player I can think of is Walton. Jokic is in many ways a significantly healthier and considerably heavier version of Bill.

Reaction Score
International players are dominating the NBA. This will be 4 MVP's in a row for International players- back to back for Giannis and Jokic. It can easily be argued the 4 best players in the league are International players with Giannis, Jokic, Doncic, Embiid.

This is what David Stern envisioned and the Dream Team led by Jordan in Barcelona in '92 brought the NBA to this point.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
With his passing ability, the only somewhat comparable former player I can think of is Walton. Jokic is in many ways a significantly healthier and considerably heavier version of Bill.

Sabonis was in the same conversation. Remember, the Sabonis we saw in Portland was a shell of his prime playing ability.

Reaction Score
joel's winning mvp.
8191EA6D-FBEA-4EDC-9B0E-278737BC1590.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Joel’s unfortunately having this season in the midst of an all-time season from Jokic. Bad luck Brian.

That said, lol @ that “Last 3 games” graphic.
Hey man it’s an entire 1/27th of a season, that’s almost 4%

Reaction Score
Vlade Divac was a great passer also just not on the level overall of Joker or Walton

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I’d still take peek AD if I was building a team. But Jokic has passed him, especially with the consistency and lack of injuries. 2 MVPs after this year would solidify it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom