OT Jerry Remy | The Boneyard

OT Jerry Remy

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Hard to not like the Rem Dawg.

1st season that there were seats on the Green Monster my bro in law scored seats. Red Sox did a TV broadcast from cf. Jerry came over for a photo op.

Rest in Peace, Rem Dawg

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Very sad. He was just out there in a wheel chair shaking hands pregame in ALCS at Fenway.

Reaction Score
Boston has been blessed with entertaining broadcasters, Johnny Most, Tommy Heinsohn and Jerry. Love homers, almost every city has one or more.

Reaction Score
RIP Jerry. Like so many others, I spent countless nights listening to RemDawg during his broadcasts. The early 2000s were special with Jerry and of course Hazel Mae. Although he seemed like such a natural, I just read an article where he prayed for rainouts during his first season. He credited Ned Martin for helping him improve.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Mike Narracci (my swim teammate at UConn '81-'82), Coordinating Director for 21 years of the Red Sox broadcast:

“Jerry and I connected immediately, and I considered it a great privilege to be a part of his inner circle. Throughout my career, I needed to learn the game of baseball and there was no better teacher than The RemDawg, so I stayed close to him: sitting near him on the bus and the plane, having dinner with him almost every night. I absorbed it all, and learned so much. He made me a better director and shaped the broadcast that fans experienced for those years in so many ways. I will miss him greatly.”

Reaction Score
This hits hard. Remy's voice was a summer staple in our house. He loved the game and great in the booth. He was a 'homer', but he also had great respect for the other team and their players, especially those played the right way. I will always remember "Here comes the pizza" and the "Inane Banter Warning" that would pop up on the screen when he and Orsillo would get off topic.

Reaction Score
Seemed like a great guy and had a good baseball career and as a broadcaster. He had some tough things happen in his life too.

Reaction Score
Love the Rem Dawg, may he RIP....
Tough way to go but who's had a better time than Remy over the last 4 decades?
@Waquoit Not an attack but are you familiar with his bio? He has battled cancer, depression and the loss of his son since 2008.
Again not a personal attack simply saying your portrayal of his last decade plus of life is simply off base, using a baseball term.

Jerry was a tough man and fought the demons to the end. Heart out to his family, friends and Red Sox Nation!

Reaction Score

@Waquoit Not an attack but are you familiar with his bio? He has battled cancer, depression and the loss of his son since 2008.
Again not a personal attack simply saying your portrayal of his last decade plus of life is simply off base, using a baseball term.

Jerry was a tough man and fought the demons to the end. Heart out to his family, friends and Red Sox Nation!
I agree. I can’t even imagine what he went through with his son and that whole thing. That alone would be enough to destroy many people.

Reaction Score
RIP to a legend, a great guy who battled through a lot in his life. A fighter to the end very sad to hear the news your never prepared to hear.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

I celebrated the positive and you harped on the negative. To each his own, I guess.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I'm a Mets fan, but from 2009-2014 my friend and I would get together and watch baseball on Fridays, not every week, but a bunch. He was a big Sox fan, so we would flip back and forth between the Mets and Sox games. Remy was a fantastic broadcaster. Him and Orsillo together was about as good as it gets (maybe not quite as good as my team's lineup, but maybe I'm a little biased).

RIP Remy. I'll throw a piece of pizza at a random innocent bystander in your honor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom