OT: Jerrah Jones has been notified! | The Boneyard

OT: Jerrah Jones has been notified!

Reaction Score
NFL Accuses Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones of Damaging the League

I thought that BYers, dealing with the sad news today that they have "only" recruited the #1 and #4 ranked high school players (and that's because the #4 had been injured and lost her #1 ranking), could use some comic relief. If you feel badly for Jerrah, order him a Pappy John's Pizza.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
As Steven A. Smith says, think things are going well for the Cowboys? Just sit back and wait, because what can go wrong, will go wrong. Anything that goes badly for the Cowboys is a good day for me.

Reaction Score
Have never liked the Cowboys; never understood the "America's Team" BS; even thought the cheerleaders were hopelessly over-hyped; but Jerry Jones - "I'm the greatest owner/G.M/talent evaluator/marketer/plastic surgery mannequin & stadium builder in the entire world" - deserves whatever ill winds may blow his way. Truly hope Steven A. is right.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Have never liked the Cowboys; never understood the "America's Team" BS; even thought the cheerleaders were hopelessly over-hyped; but Jerry Jones - "I'm the greatest owner/G.M/talent evaluator/marketer/plastic surgery mannequin & stadium builder in the entire world" - deserves whatever ill winds may blow his way. Truly hope Steven A. is right.
He's been saying it for years. He's also been saying for years that the Patriots should be America's team because they're winners, not the "walking bunch of mediocrity" that is the Dallas Cowboys. Unless 8 and 8 is what this country thinks is a winner.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Not a Cowboy's fan either - but I am a Giant's fan, so they are sort of mutually exclusive. That said, their new quarterback impressed me last season. I don't bother to hate on the players, it is just the team I don't like.

And, BTW, when you are as bad as the Giants are this year, I am actually finding the Eagles a pleasant story - KC as well - never thought I'd say that about either.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Not a Cowboy's fan either - but I am a Giant's fan, so they are sort of mutually exclusive. That said, their new quarterback impressed me last season. I don't bother to hate on the players, it is just the team I don't like.

And, BTW, when you are as bad as the Giants are this year, I am actually finding the Eagles a pleasant story - KC as well - never thought I'd say that about either.
I'm not a die hard Giants fan, I'm a Jets fan. But I do root for the Giants to do well, and I root for them over any other team except the Jets. The problem is the Giants are having the year I wanted the Jets to have. I mean, just when the year produces 3 good QB's at the top of the draft the Jets choose to be mediocre. Typical Jets. At least the Giants will have their pick of quality young QB's to lead their team for the next 10 years, while the Jets haven't had a real QB since Joe Namath. Pitiful.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
NFL Bylaws, if you complain about Goodell's (commissioner) Contract loud enough, then Goodell has the right to punish an owner of Conduct Detrimental to the League.

Reaction Score

I grew up in Southern CT during the '50's & '60's and was a devout Giants fan. Robustelli, Katcavage, Grier, Huff, Tittle, Connerly, Gifford, etc. were my heroes. Suffered through the "Allie Sherman and many feckless coaches" years. G.M. George Young and his protege Ernie Accorsi finally brought stability and success to the organization. Unfortunately, Accorsi's successor, Jerry Reese has been an unmitigated disaster. These days I follow the Falcons, but mourn for the Giants.

Reaction Score
NFL Accuses Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones of Damaging the League

I thought that BYers, dealing with the sad news today that they have "only" recruited the #1 and #4 ranked high school players (and that's because the #4 had been injured and lost her #1 ranking), could use some comic relief. If you feel badly for Jerrah, order him a Pappy John's Pizza.

As much as we Uconn fans worried about an "off year" in recruiting, I'm certain, the remainder of WBB world think--AGAIN?? \
In my great and deep sorrow for those who only get the 3, 5,7,8 etc; I cannot contain my giddiness! Tell Jerrah buy his own Papa John's. You do it; I can't stop giggling.
My thought about the injury: I go back to the greatest recruit Geno ever got that came into Uconn injured. She was partially repaired and played with pain. Geno, God Bless him, allowed her to pick when she would practice and when she would play.]
When she played she had moment when you could see why Geno recruited her before she chose Duke. If there is a better story about Geno's feelings for those he recruited I can't think of one.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I was living in Dallas when the Cowboys' franchise originated, and was an ardent fan through the era of Landry and Dandy Don and Dan Reeves and Bob Lilly and Bullet Bob Hayes right through Hollywood Henderson. (.\My favorite HH quote; "Terry Bradshaw is so dumb he couldn't spell cat if you spotted him the first two letters") The Cowboys-Steelers was THE rivalry of that era, or at least a good part of it.
But when Jones bought them and dumped Marse Tom without a goodbye kiss, he soured me on them forever more. Love to see them experience hard times.

Reaction Score
Like him or hate him, Jones does have a point. $49,500,000. a year, lifetime use of a private plane, and lifetime free health insurance and who knows what else, without discussion.
I do get the conduct detrimental to the NFL part: calling attention to the free lifetime health insurance. If anyone should get that, it's the players. Goodell isn't risking debilitating injury or brain damage.

Reaction Score
Like him or hate him, Jones does have a point. $49,500,000. a year, lifetime use of a private plane, and lifetime free health insurance and who knows what else, without discussion.
I do get the conduct detrimental to the NFL part: calling attention to the free lifetime health insurance. If anyone should get that, it's the players. Goodell isn't risking debilitating injury or brain damage.

While I get that corporate pay is often ludicrous, if the NFL owners want to pay Goodell twice that, it's their prerogative. It's a business and an extremely profitable one. It is not a public company. And there is plenty of discussion I'm sure, but they have a compensation committee who's job it is to deal with the issue - otherwise you have every team owner potentially second guessing every detail of every compensation agreement, and I'm sure that Goodell isn't the only employee they deal with. Jones is just ticked off he's not on the committee. I'm sure they compare his compensation with CEO's of similarly sized corporations, and in that context $50M/yr plus perks is not unheard of.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Jones deserves whatever he gets, if only for the shabby way he treated Tom Landry. He is a bad hombre.
That's funny. Tom Landry was one cold mofo. Treating Tom Landry the way Landry treated players is one of the only things Jones has ever done that I could agree with.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I'm not a die hard Giants fan, I'm a Jets fan. But I do root for the Giants to do well, and I root for them over any other team except the Jets. The problem is the Giants are having the year I wanted the Jets to have. I mean, just when the year produces 3 good QB's at the top of the draft the Jets choose to be mediocre. Typical Jets. At least the Giants will have their pick of quality young QB's to lead their team for the next 10 years, while the Jets haven't had a real QB since Joe Namath. Pitiful.
That long? Wow. :confused: I was in junior high.

JordyG

Reaction Score
That long? Wow. :confused: I was in junior high.
Pitiful. People talk about the ineptitude of the Knicks, but the Jets were the first AFL team to beat the NFL in the Super Bowl and haven't won a SB or played in one since. Pathetic. At least the (hated) Cowboys have been mediocre for years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom