OT - Jeremy Emmanuel Lamb: What's Next | The Boneyard

OT - Jeremy Emmanuel Lamb: What's Next

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
http://www.welcometoloudcity.com/20...mb-oklahoma-city-thunder-player-grades-review

2014-15 Thunder player grades: What's next for Jeremy Lamb with the Thunder?
(An uninspiring season might spell the end of Jeremy Lamb's tenure in Oklahoma City...)

Not much news here. Essentially, just a comment that they wouldn't be surprised if Lamb gets traded on draft night (please, please please. Let's get him out of OKC!). Oh, and his middle name is Emmanuel. That was news to me...

caw

Reaction Score
http://www.welcometoloudcity.com/20...mb-oklahoma-city-thunder-player-grades-review

2014-15 Thunder player grades: What's next for Jeremy Lamb with the Thunder?
(An uninspiring season might spell the end of Jeremy Lamb's tenure in Oklahoma City...)

Not much news here. Essentially, just a comment that they wouldn't be surprised if Lamb gets traded on draft night (please, please please. Let's get him out of OKC!). Oh, and his middle name is Emmanuel. That was news to me...

Funny considering Donovan might actually be able to use him properly.

Reaction Score
Scott Brooks had no idea how to use Jeremy. I still believe he can at worst be a solid contributor on most NBA rosters. Before Brooks was fired, a trade was certain. Now, for a few million bucks, they may keep him.

Reaction Score
I still think in the right supporting role Lamb can be an excellent NBA player. I'd love for him to get to NY somehow. Plenty of chances for him to earn PT and prove his worth.

Reaction Score
Presti isn't dumb enough to cut him loose, end up being a Danny green like player on a team like the hawks or bucks .

Reaction Score
Presti isn't dumb enough to cut him loose, end up being a Danny green like player on a team like the hawks or bucks .
Danny Green like?? I can see him being serviceable but certainly not as good as DG. Dude strokes it from behind the arc and is a very good defender.

Reaction Score
Danny Green like?? I can see him being serviceable but certainly not as good as DG. Dude strokes it from behind the arc and is a very good defender.
take a gander at their career numbers from their respective ages. nba is a lot of time about getting in on the right opportunity , lamb wasn't. imo

Reaction Score

I wouldn't say it is outside the realm of possibility that he could be Danny Green-like. Green's regular season stats are rather pedestrian and he had a slow start to his career. Their per 36 career stats look fairly similar, granted its a small sample size.

GdScI0O.png

I agree that his defense is the part of his game that needs the most work.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Brooks simply didn't like Lamb, there we many reports that they had beef on a personal level. Clearly a coach that is so petty about things like that with a young player half his age wasn't worth keeping around. I expect JL to either get near starter minutes under Donovan seeing as they have no real starting caliber 2 guard other than him, or that they ship him out before the trade deadline.

Reaction Score
there is no doubt brooks was asinine for riding Waiters relentlessly, despite posting horrid shooting numbers and contributing little to nothing on defense. While lamb was not a plus defender, the guy got no experience on that end. he was clearly an offensive talent, squandered due to brooks unfounded stubbornness.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I only saw Lamb hit the highlights twice all year. Once he was getting grief from Durant, the other he was getting the stink eye from Westbrook.

Reaction Score
Are we certain Brooks was totally to blame? Seems too simple of a reason. Just sayin. . . . . . . .

Reaction Score
I only saw Lamb hit the highlights twice all year. Once he was getting grief from Durant, the other he was getting the stink eye from Westbrook.
This.

Even with Scott Brooks gone, Lamb didn't make many friends in the OKC locker room by picking the wrong side of the Reggie Jackson vs rest of team debacle. Maybe when Reggie was traded the tension subsided, but I think Lamb should hope for a trade and a fresh start.

Reaction Score
I'd love to have Lamb reunite with Kemba in Charlotte. He was a rumored part of a trade involving Lance Stephenson earlier this year, so maybe they look to make a move for him again. They can use help from the wing. I live right down the road from the stadium so seeing him and Kemba together again would be a treat. Especially since they teased with Shabazz coming during the 14' draft.

Reaction Score
Why have they kept him for so long if they dont expect him to ever get any real PT? Just seemed mean. If if you only get a second round pick in return for the guy why not set him free so he can try to earn a living somewhere else. They are basically killing his career by keeping him there and not playing him.

Reaction Score
I think Lamb gets traded to Charlotte or New York the week of the draft.
Jeremy was such a nice compliment to Kemba. And that length with such a nice stroke - Kemba, Jeremy, and Al make a decent trio. Not great, but should make second round of playoffs if they get in sync.

Reaction Score
I think the Magic should make a trade for him, if he's available. They need shooters in the worst way. Plus I think he could give them that scoring boost off the bench that they were hoping to get from Ben Gordon last season.

But I think the signing of Donovan was a good thing for him, especially since Donovan has a history with him from their Team USA days.

Reaction Score
When I think about Jeremy at UConn....a talented, integral part of Championship team but kind of a goofy, a bit of a flake...not a knock, just his personality (or how I perceived it). Not sure he has a passion for basketball to be a really good NBA player...he has natural talent for sure but he needs to get some seriousness to him or next chance could be his last...hopefully he gets in the right situation this time.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Are we certain Brooks was totally to blame? Seems too simple of a reason. Just sayin. . . . . . . .

You mean there might be actual basketball reasons why one of our alums isn't playing, and not that everyone's out to get us?

Reaction Score
You mean there might be actual basketball reasons why one of our alums isn't playing, and not that everyone's out to get us?
did you watch okc play a lot? I did, and its a fact that brooks did a terrible job developing both pjIII and lamb, who were at one point in the 2014 season integral members of the rotation. when westbrook was out then. there is also no reason waiters should have been getting all those minutes over lamb, he was straight up horrendous. statistically horrendous, he's a chucker.

Reaction Score
oh yeah i also forgot brooks started andre roberson over morrow/lamb! and andre roberson/waiters backcourt combo is by far the worst in the league. love morrow and lamb though, wouldn't be that difficult to be more productive than what brooks was so keen on doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom