OT - Jennings to Detroit | The Boneyard

OT - Jennings to Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pistons finally get rid of Knight, and bring in a pretty solid young pg. Hopefully Drummond carves out some more minutes with the addition of Josh Smith, too

Reaction Score
Solid? Jennings is awful, between him and Smith launching bricks Drummond might lead the league in offensive rebounding.

Reaction Score
Solid? Jennings is awful, between him and Smith launching bricks Drummond might lead the league in offensive rebounding.
Jennings is a chucker and hasn't improved but I would still take him over Brandon Knight any day. No matter what it's not good if either Jennings or Knight is your starting point guard.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
I'm not a fan of Knight either but I would've just went another season with him and hope he shows improvement in year 3. I guess the one positive is that it is a short term deal.

caw

Reaction Score
Jennings is a chucker and hasn't improved but I would still take him over Brandon Knight any day. No matter what it's not good if either Jennings or Knight is your starting point guard.

Jennings is a huge upgrade at PG, Knight was never a PG. Jennings shot may suck and he may shoot too much but he does actually have PG skills. Knight is a SG masquerading as a PG, I would venture to say Jennings is a PG masquerading as a SG. If Jennings ever decided to be a true PG, he could lead the league in assists.

Reaction Score
Detroit just got a whole lot interesting they also added Billups this offseason. Getting Sheed as an assistant could be huge for Drummond's development.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Jennings is an un-polished Kyrie Irving. I think he's one of the leagues best points.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
One of the leagues best points??? Come on he's not even close to top 10.
Rondo, Westbrook, Kyrie, Conley, Paul, and Williams are better and that's just off the top of my head.

Still think he has the most upside and is very very talented.

Reaction Score
You forgot Rose, Parker, Curry, Wall and Lawson. I would also put Lillard, Kemba and Jrue Holiday ahead of him.

Reaction Score
Well, as one of the 2 or 3 Buck's fans outside of Wisconsin, I am not sad to see Jennings go. Knight, eh.

I know, I need to change my team. Sidney Moncrief ain't walking through the door.

Reaction Score
Jennings is an un-polished Kyrie Irving. I think he's one of the leagues best points.

He's in the bottom 50% of starting PGs in the league - even that might be too generous.

He's a small point guard who only makes 39% of the 16 shots he takes per game, and he doesn't guard anybody. He makes the Pistons more interesting, but you're never making the conference finals with Brandon Jennings as your point guard.

Reaction Score

1049.gif

K

Kemballin'

Don't know what the heck the Pistons were thinking. Middleton alone is probably better than Jennings, plus you're also giving up a young PG and a promising big? Terrible trade for the Detroit, there goes Andre ever getting to take any shots, actually feel bad for him now.

Reaction Score
Middleton is not better than Jennings lol. Lets slow down Jennings is just as good as goran dragic and he's making more money than 3/24. Personally I don't like the move because Calderon would have been better and cheaper

Reaction Score
Trading junk for junk. Still can't believe Knight was drafted over Kemba.

I can't imagine how much this board would hate Jennings if he wound up playing here (and the academic/off the court stuff didn't exist). There are prob 15 PGs I'd take over him right now.

Reaction Score
He's in the bottom 50% of starting PGs in the league - even that might be too generous.

He's a small point guard who only makes 39% of the 16 shots he takes per game, and he doesn't guard anybody. He makes the Pistons more interesting, but you're never making the conference finals with Brandon Jennings as your point guard.

PGs with higher PERs last year, in order of the PER (and keep in mind Rose didn't qualify):

3. Paul
8. Westbrook
9. Parker
18. Irving
19. Curry
22. Wall
25. D. Williams
44. Walker
45. Calderon
50. Conley
57. Rondo
60. Lawson
70. Bledsoe
72. I. Thomas
74. Dragic
75. Lowry
89. Teague
94. Holliday
102. Lilliard
103. Collison
104. Vasquez
108. Rubio
108. Jennings
116. Nash
124. Miller
140. Felton
146. Lin
153. Harris
160. M. Williams
161. Nelson
162. Udrih
190. Kidd
196. Chalmers
204. Stuckey
204. Livingston
225. AJ Price
232. B. Knight
237. Brooks

I quit after this point. So, a couple of things: first, I don't think that Hollinger stats can, and should, be the final measure of a player's worth. Rondo feels too low, and many players are rated too highly because they play against the opposing team's second unit (Bledsoe in particular). But I do think that Jennings is clearly a middle of the pack PG, and aside from Rose is behind (in no particular order) Paul, D. Williams, Parker, Wall, Curry, Rondo, Irving, Westbrook, Walker, Rondo, Lawson, Holiday, and Conley. He may also be behind Lilliard, Rubio, and Lowry.

That puts him somewhere between the 15th and 19th best PG in the league. Knight? Ugh. I feel bad for the kid. I appreciated his ability to take a joke after he was destroyed by Daniels.

Reaction Score
That puts him somewhere between the 15th and 19th best PG in the league. Knight? Ugh. I feel bad for the kid. I appreciated his ability to take a joke after he was destroyed by Daniels.

I think you meant Jordan.

That said, Jennings is a chucker like Knight and Stuckey. I still think he is an upgrade over Knight.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score

Huh? Brandon Jennings!!? He's above average at best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Jennings is certainly no answer, but he is better than Knight.

Also...this is a 1 year deal right ??? If so, they will likely get another decent lottery pick, and can improve the position next season. Not a terrible move from that standpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom