OT: Jaylen Brown to play for Cal...ifornia | The Boneyard

OT: Jaylen Brown to play for Cal...ifornia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow that's unexpected, was thougt to be between Michigan and UK, with a Michigan lean because some of his family is from around there. Great pick up for Cuonzo. I believe they have a player in Tyrone Wallace to pair with bith Brown and Rabb who is very good. Look out for them.

Reaction Score
Weird to see Calipari miss on all of these spring signees after the year they just had. The platoon nonsense turn kids off?

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
First Ivan Rabb and now Brown. Jesus, Cuonzo Martin is on fire. Go Bears!

Reaction Score
Weird to see Calipari miss on all of these spring signees after the year they just had. The platoon nonsense turn kids off?

You would have to think so. Come play 20 minutes a game for me and get all the ESPN exposure OR come play 38 minutes for me and develop.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Wow that's unexpected, was thougt to be between Michigan and UK, with a Michigan lean because some of his family is from around there. Great pick up for Cuonzo. I believe they have a player in Tyrone Wallace to pair with bith Brown and Rabb who is very good. Look out for them.
But it's Cuonzo Brown we are talking about at the helm

Reaction Score
Calipari's platoon system is going to turn off lots and lots of recruits. Think about it: would you rather play 20 minutes for Kentucky or be "the man" for California and play 35+ minutes? I think it's a good choice for Brown.

Reaction Score
Calipari's platoon system is going to turn off lots and lots of recruits. Think about it: would you rather play 20 minutes for Kentucky or be "the man" for California and play 35+ minutes? I think it's a good choice for Brown.

Kentucky's got one of the top 3 incoming classes in America, depending on who you talk to.

Reaction Score
Kentucky's got one of the top 3 incoming classes in America, depending on who you talk to.

That's true, but they're also whiffing on guys despite having tons of space. I don't know what Calipari was doing the past few years when he was getting nearly every player he wanted, but it's not working now. They've had several high-profile beats lately on guys who would play serious minutes for them as freshman. Either Newman or Brown would have likely been the go-to guy. He's not stinking up the place, but Calipari looks pretty mortal right now.

Reaction Score
That's true, but they're also whiffing on guys despite having tons of space. I don't know what Calipari was doing the past few years when he was getting nearly every player he wanted, but it's not working now. They've had several high-profile beats lately on guys who would play serious minutes for them as freshman. Either Newman or Brown would have likely been the go-to guy. He's not stinking up the place, but Calipari looks pretty mortal right now.

I get what you're saying but this idea that UK recruiting is falling off sounds like wishful thinking to me. But that's only because I'm a die hard Kentucky fan, as I've learned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom