OT - Jayhawk Can't Stomach KU Football Anymore :) | The Boneyard

OT - Jayhawk Can't Stomach KU Football Anymore :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Would love to see a game between Kansas and UCF. They should add a 'Toilet Bowl' to the bowl game lineup. Why not? There are already a billion bowls and if the NCAA lets 5-7 teams play in bowls, I think there would be more interest in watching a game between two winless teams than a game between a bunch of 5-7 teams.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Toilet Bowl? Ugh.

That was the unofficial name given to the annual Crosby-Kennedy matchup back when I played in HS. By Thanksgiving both schools were usually 0-for the year, so it was just friends and family out there to watch.

Crosby usually came out on top back then, but if a bad HS team scores a TD in Municipal Stadium and no one's there to hear it...

Reaction Score
Toilet Bowl? Ugh.

That was the unofficial name given to the annual Crosby-Kennedy matchup back when I played in HS. By Thanksgiving both schools were usually 0-for the year, so it was just friends and family out there to watch.

Crosby usually came out on top back then, but if a bad HS team scores a TD in Municipal Stadium and no one's there to hear it...

Just wondering are both schools still open? If so do they still play?

epark88

Reaction Score
Just wondering are both schools still open? If so do they still play?

Yup, both schools are still going strong.

My Bulldogs are sporadically decent; Kennedy for the most part is still Kennedy (although local legend Rico Brogna did coach them for about 15 minutes).

FUN FACT: Arkeel Newsome is originally from Waterbury. Had his family not moved to Ansonia, he would've balled for...Kennedy High. Go figure...

Reaction Score
Would love to see a game between Kansas and UCF. They should add a 'Toilet Bowl' to the bowl game lineup. Why not? There are already a billion bowls and if the NCAA lets 5-7 teams play in bowls, I think there would be more interest in watching a game between two winless teams than a game between a bunch of 5-7 teams.

I would watch this, but you have to do more with it. Every time a pass is completed, the x-files music should play and scully and mulder should appear and determine whether it is a paranormal occurrence. For the remainder of the action, Benny Hill music should be blared throughout the stadium to make the ineptitude appear more choreographed. Oh, I also vote for the players to be driven out of the tunnel during the pregame introductions via a cavalcade of clown cars. Make it happen NCAA.

epark88

Reaction Score
Just curious:

Which would be a more brutal game to watch, UCF-Kansas or BCU-Mizzou?...

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

2nd Annual Game...after SMU at UConn last season.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Made me LOL. KSU up 35-7

As an Alumn, I think Big Jay has it right. They need to fix it. There's no reason they can't be competitive.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That's pretty funny...aside from Mangino there hasn't been a coach there that has even sniffed a winning season

Glen Mason was quite successful actually.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
2nd Annual Game...after SMU at UConn last season.

Exactly. Last year was cold, rainy and there weren't more than 500 of us left in the stadium in the 4th quarter. But I still had fun - probably because we made it a point to visit some of the beer stands that we don't travel to during a "regular season" game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom