OT: Jason Kidd retires | The Boneyard

OT: Jason Kidd retires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well he was a great one. Made everyone he played with better. Can't think of anyone more unselfish. I would bet no teammate was unhappy having him as their point guard. I just appreciate his old school style, no combo guard just pure point.

Thanks for the memory and bringing your game!

Reaction Score
Good thing. He looked old. We went to the game the Knicks closed out the Celtics and my wife pointed at Kidd and asked how old he was. I said probably about 40. She said he looked and moved like he was 50. After looking at him some more I kind of agreed with her.

He did have a very good career though.

Reaction Score
I lived in the bay area when he was in high school. Even then people knew he was a HOF talent.

Reaction Score
Kidd had 105 triple doubles, third ever in between magic and wilt. MJ had 28...

Reaction Score
Fitting he and Grant Hill go out together. we're co rookies of the year back in 1995. He was a great one for sure. Never forget him beating Duke his freshman year to end Hurley's career.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I lived in the bay area when he was in high school. Even then people knew he was a HOF talent.

Me too. He was 5 years behind me so I never had a chance to play against him but everyone in the area knew about him when he was in Jr. high school. The first time I saw him play in an organized game was against Bishop O'Dowd his freshman year and I think he had 29 points and something like 10 assists. In any event, he was clearly the best player on the floor and looked to be sure fire NBA player already. Its amazing the kids we played against growing up in the east bay in those days. Gary Payton (Skyline), JR Rider (Encinal) , Brian Shaw (Bishop O'Dowd) , Antonio Davis (McClymonds) Greg Foster, (Skyline) Hook Mitchell (McClymonds) ................... My high school team was embarrassed by each and everyone of them except Mitchell. He was never eligible to play for McClymonds when we played them. The Gary Payton/Greg Foster team lambasted us 94-34 in a game I still can't forget. Ahhh, the good old days......

Reaction Score
Me too. He was 5 years behind me so I never had a chance to play against him but everyone in the area knew about him when he was in Jr. high school. The first time I saw him play in an organized game was against Bishop O'Dowd his freshman year and I think he had 29 points and something like 10 assists. In any event, he was clearly the best player on the floor and looked to be sure fire NBA player already. Its amazing the kids we played against growing up in the east bay in those days. Gary Payton (Skyline), JR Rider (Encinal) , Brian Shaw (Bishop O'Dowd) , Antonio Davis (McClymonds) Greg Foster, (Skyline) Hook Mitchell (McClymonds) ................... My high school team was embarrassed by each and everyone of them except Mitchell. He was never eligible to play for McClymonds when we played them. The Gary Payton/Greg Foster team lambasted us 94-34 in a game I still can't forget. Ahhh, the good old days......
Did you ever get a chance to play against or see Hook Mitchell play? I saw the movie on him and to a man they all said Hook was better than any of them.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score

A looooooooooong time ago the Big East had its own magazine I can't believe I threw away my old collection. Those mags were great with the recruiting section and I remember seeing Jason Kidd as a prospect. The note said he could go to the NBA straight out of HS. He toiled for 2 seasons at Cal, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom