OT: Israeli Ice Man in Omaha | The Boneyard

OT: Israeli Ice Man in Omaha

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Thanks
I particularly appreciated the part where it said that during his 1993-96 tenure, Doron was the only player to record 1000 points and 500 assists "during each season." I had no idea.

Reaction Score
My mother-in-law sent me this.

Doron will be a "scholar-in-residence" at an Omaha synagogue.

February 9, 2018 (page 8)

I remember reading some articles about him a couple years ago where he came off as very...spiritual.
Kentucky thought they had him. I think their coach was Rick Pitino, and said that Doron going passing on UK, cost them two Natl Championships. If only Nadav Henefeld had stayed for more than one season. Then Israel changed the rules regarding players leaving.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I was in Israel a few years ago. We had a tour guide who knew the whole Sheffer family. He said Doron had become a religious fanatic. Anyway, he was never given a shot at the NBA. He wasn’t a super athlete, but he was a big Guard who could shoot, handle and as good an outlet passer as we’ve had. I felt that if he had been raised in the US he might have been a very good quarterback.

Reaction Score
Doron may be my fave UConn player ever. His teams played with such explosion with his outlet passes, smarts, and understanding of floor balance. It's not a coincidence that his teams were our highest scoring teams ever. A couple posts above said he "wasn't given an NBA shot." My memory was that he was a 2nd round pick but immediately went back to Israel to play.

Reaction Score
The Clippers drafted him. I don't know the circumstances of why he just went home but the NBA money back then was nothing like today.

Reaction Score
The Clippers drafted him. I don't know the circumstances of why he just went home but the NBA money back then was nothing like today.
I thought the same thing. he was drafted but went to Israel instead where he would be a superstar.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom