[OT]ish - Why are the hotels never available game day? | The Boneyard

[OT]ish - Why are the hotels never available game day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why is the Nathan Hale or Best Western never available for game days/nights? I was trying to set up a weekend trip for a Gampel game months ago and both hotels are listed as "unavailable" those nights.

Are people planning their trips years in advance or is there some other reason they don't open up?

Reaction Score
I know the visiting team always stays at Nathan Hale for Gampel games. Combine that with half the rooms being used as dorms and you can see where the issue is.

Reaction Score
I know the visiting team always stays at Nathan Hale for Gampel games. Combine that with half the rooms being used as dorms and you can see where the issue is.

I can understand that. I don't get the Best Western, though. Unless it's still filled with kids from ECSU

Reaction Score
You don't really want a room at the Best Western. They are doing you a favor being sold out.

Reaction Score
You don't really want a room at the Best Western. They are doing you a favor being sold out.
eh I'm in my 20s - I'm sure I've slept in worse places over the last year than the Best Western.

Getting up to Gampel games is tough being in Fairfield County. I really just want to head up with my alum buddies for a weekend to hit up Ted's and see some UConn basketball. Hopefully a new Hotel gets built in Storrs Center if the Nathan Hale sells to UConn to reconvert for dorms

Reaction Score
eh I'm in my 20s - I'm sure I've slept in worse places over the last year than the Best Western.

Getting up to Gampel games is tough being in Fairfield County. I really just want to head up with my alum buddies for a weekend to hit up Ted's and see some UConn basketball. Hopefully a new Hotel gets built in Storrs Center if the Nathan Hale sells to UConn to reconvert for dorms

Oh, in your 20s...yeah Best Western would be fine. Just don't leave any open food containers near your bed.

Reaction Score
UConn really needs a hotel on campus for basketball fans and the community in general now that the rest of Nathan Hale will be converted into a dorm.

In the old Big E, I made it to every tournament at MSG between 2002 and 2010. As soon as I knew the date, I would book a hotel room (usually the Marriott East Side, where a lot of teams stayed, the Marriott Marquis, of if I was being reasonable, the Courtyard on 30th St) and then 2 months or so in advance, build a business case as to why I needed to be in NYC for work that week. Picked-up tickets on the fly from schools that were knocked-out. Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom