OT - Is this real life? (UFC) | The Boneyard

OT - Is this real life? (UFC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seems harsh. I'm a fan of the Diaz boys. They are proper hot heads. Not sure what happens if i fail a drug test. I think i get sent packing. Unless there's some kind of appeal i guess it's off to a different fighting circuit for nick.

Reaction Score
Ehhh. MMA is on the decline anyway. Considering its financial issues with its fighters it might not exist in 5 years or at worst be irrelevent.

Reaction Score
Ehhh. MMA is on the decline anyway. Considering its financial issues with its fighters it might not exist in 5 years or at worst be irrelevent.
Do you really think it's dying? I've heard that from a few people as of late and I'm not familiar with the financial issues you mentioned.

I'm not a hardcore fan, but I really enjoy watching it. I'm of the opinion if you traveled back in time 2000 yrs you would find very similar events taking place in coliseums all over the Roman empire. I think humans are predisposed to enjoying such entertainment. I also really like how refined the fighters have become. 5 years ago you had wrestlers and punchers and whatever other styles existed. Now you don't make it unless you do it all. The fighters are well rounded....sorta like a UCONN basketball player.

Reaction Score

Please substantiate your claim.

I am a die-hard MMA fan and this sport is GROWING in popularity and not dying.
Very ignorant and foolhardy to say the sport is on the decline.

Financially it is very strong. Growing sponsorships and partnerships.

More and more money is being made available to top level fighters.

Prove me wrong - which I know you wont be able to do since your initial assertion is blatantly false.

Reaction Score
Do you really think it's dying? I've heard that from a few people as of late and I'm not familiar with the financial issues you mentioned.

I'm not a hardcore fan, but I really enjoy watching it. I'm of the opinion if you traveled back in time 2000 yrs you would find very similar events taking place in coliseums all over the Roman empire. I think humans are predisposed to enjoying such entertainment. I also really like how refined the fighters have become. 5 years ago you had wrestlers and punchers and whatever other styles existed. Now you don't make it unless you do it all. The fighters are well rounded....sorta like a UCONN basketball player.
PPV sales have been down every year since 2012, a year by the way that even Dana White admitted was one of the worst years in ufc history. You have rampant steroid use,the biggest names are gone and fighters outside of Ronda
Rousy arent happy with the money theyre making. Also ive heard something about fighters not being able to wear anything but ufc gear and can no longer promote their sponsors. Ive got to look into it a little more as im not exactly clear on the issue. Point being the ufc is not in the spot they were years ago. ufc ppv hardly ever did less than 300,000 ppv even in years they had numerous ppv events through out the calender.

Reaction Score
Please substantiate your claim.

I am a die-hard MMA fan and this sport is GROWING in popularity and not dying.
Very ignorant and foolhardy to say the sport is on the decline.

Financially it is very strong. Growing sponsorships and partnerships.

More and more money is being made available to top level fighters.

Prove me wrong - which I know you wont be able to do since your initial assertion is blatantly false.

Chill out and take the roid rage down a notch and dont buy your affliction shirts so small because i think their a little too tight and its making you a bit cranky.

"I am a die-hard MMA fan " Obviously but the bad news is the rest of the country isnt. Sports like boxing and mma have a loyal hardcore fan base but thats not enough for the sport to thrive. What makes the sport thrive is the interest of the casual fan. You think Ronda Rousys popularity is due to you hardcore fans? No. She brings in the casuals in record numbers which means more money. Whos the most popular mma fighter in ufc history? Brock lesner. Why? Because he brought in the wrestling fans. Your sport is in no danger of dying as that is not what is said. but what you decided to interpret and go on your little rant. What i said is the Ufc could no longer exist someday because of the way its running its business. With the rampant ped users in the sport,declining ppv sales,the monopoly the ufc has put on mma and unhappy fighters its a ticking time bomb. The best days of the ufc are most likely behind them and the numbers are showing it. I mean come on! the ufcs biggest star is a female fighter who Dana White didnt even want to have women in the ufc. Ronda rousy has saved the ufc for now. If she wasnt in the sport NOBODY would be talking about it in the main stream.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Your sport is in no danger of dying as that is not what is said.

What i said is the Ufc could no longer exist someday because of the way its running its business.
pic_350.jpg

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="TheChamps990411, post: 1414571, member: 662"

Chill out and take the roid rage down a notch and dont buy your affliction shirts so small because i think their a little too tight and its making you a bit cranky.

Too Funny.

I'm relaxed. Affliction is so 5 years ago.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
It's not dying. It hit a high point with Lesnar. Sports have peaks and valleys. Boxing has had them for decades. They're not going to hit 1 million buys without a packed card but they can sell tickets and PPV's with Rousey, Jones, McGregor. It's essentially a niche sport and like football could be significantly at risk as more is learned about long term effects of head trauma/brain injury.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Oh and the ban is stupid, but hopefully he can fight in other states/countries.

Reaction Score
That's quite a message they are sending, weed is no good but roids and domestic abuse are okay!

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Things that make me go Hmmm are how someone doesnt recognize the difference between MMA and UFC.
Huh? UFC, for all intents and purposes, is MMA. So if UFC fails, like you suggest, Bellator is going to keep MMA afloat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom