OT: Is There A Social Mores Exemption For Big $/TV Sports | The Boneyard

OT: Is There A Social Mores Exemption For Big $/TV Sports

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
1539531733266.png

"Inside NASCAR's biggest party at Talladega: Jell-O pools and human car washes"

Inside NASCAR's biggest party at Talladega: Jell-O pools and human car washes

"But this year, four women with different colored tutus — Moulton’s was fuchsia — would burst through a line of hanging pool noodles, dive into a vat of soapy water, jump out and see who could clean a window covered in mustard and chocolate sauce the fastest.
The catch? The contestants aren’t allowed to use their hands."

Yup, there is video.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Have you ever been to NASCAR race at Talledega? I would consider Jello pools and human car washes to be on the tamer side there. For a small town in the heart of the Bible belt, Talladega on race weekend is more akin to Sodom and Gomorrah than it is to the shining city on Mount Zion. You will never in your life see more drunk Baptists. I live about forty minutes from the track, and went to several races there when I was a younger, more daring, and more foolish fellow. They will enjoy themselves this weekend as the weather is beautiful and the beer is cold and the whiskey strong! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I’ve been to 1 NASCAR race. It was like a drunken redneck rock festival. Total debauchery was the rule rather than the exception. Aren’t the drivers even known for having RV’s equipped with stripper poles, etc.?

Reaction Score
View attachment 35219

"Inside NASCAR's biggest party at Talladega: Jell-O pools and human car washes"

Inside NASCAR's biggest party at Talladega: Jell-O pools and human car washes

"But this year, four women with different colored tutus — Moulton’s was fuchsia — would burst through a line of hanging pool noodles, dive into a vat of soapy water, jump out and see who could clean a window covered in mustard and chocolate sauce the fastest.
The catch? The contestants aren’t allowed to use their hands."

Yup, there is video.

Rocky--What a crazy combination--mustard/chocolate sauce! In terms of your title to this thread: Big time TV and Really big-time money usually are bedmate s certainly have led the socially acceptances of many things. Few would have watched had some shows not pushed the moral limits. As long as there is money and TV the limits shall always be pushed even in a circular manner. Norman Lear filled up a dozen banks with the income.

Reaction Score
I’ve been to 1 NASCAR race. It was like a drunken redneck rock festival. Total debauchery was the rule rather than the exception. Aren’t the drivers even known for having RV’s equipped with stripper poles, etc.?
The really immoral part of all that is: I wasn't invited into the RV. Bristol, Tn here I come!

Reaction Score
Have you ever been to NASCAR race at Talledega? I would consider Jello pools and human car washes to be on the tamer side there. For a small town in the heart of the Bible belt, Talladega on race weekend is more akin to Sodom and Gomorrah than it is to the shining city on Mount Zion. You will never in your life see more drunk Baptists. I live about forty minutes from the track, and went to several races there when I was a younger, more daring, and more foolish fellow. They will enjoy themselves this weekend as the weather is beautiful and the beer is cold and the whiskey strong! :rolleyes:

Yea, as I began getting really old I made the same excuse. Without religion, we wouldn't know what sins we should seek.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Yea, as I began getting really old I made the same excuse. Without religion, we wouldn't know what sins we should seek.
Sorry , but I do not understand what you meant to say. :confused:

Reaction Score
Sorry , but I do not understand what you meant to say. :confused:
you said (not exact my impression) that you went to these NASCAR "parties" when you were younger and more foolish. I used that excuse when I wasn't so young and even more foolish.
Fun is fun---morality is in the eyes or religion of the beholder. My sin is I wasn't invited to the festivities.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom