OT: iphone apps for Chromecast? | The Boneyard

OT: iphone apps for Chromecast?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1. Anyone have a good iphone app to use to chromecast? I use "All Cast" but the images don't come out HD.

2. Is there an app that Chromecast Facetime? Would like use my TV rather than the phone for the screens sometime.

I appreciate the help.

Reaction Score
Get AppleTV.

I have the Google pixel so I don't have to worry about Chromecast, but I second your opinion. If you have an iPhone, get an Appletv.

But if you don't want to get one, then any number of screen casting apps should work. I have used Miracast in the past, not sure if they work for Apple though.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
1. Anyone have a good iphone app to use to chromecast? I use "All Cast" but the images don't come out HD.

What specifically are you trying to cast to the TV?

Most apps you want to use - YouTube, Netflix, HBO - already have support built in. The Google Home app has a discovery section for casting apps on iOS. I'd start there.

Casting FaceTime would require screen mirroring and the workarounds are not great. You can use something called MomoCast, but it doesn't work very well. You can also put a computer in the middle which basically means mirroring your iPhone on your computer and then using the computer to cast to the Chromecast, but that is a pain to explain.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What specifically are you trying to cast to the TV?

Most apps you want to use - YouTube, Netflix, HBO - already have support built in. The Google Home app has a discovery section for casting apps on iOS. I'd start there.

Casting FaceTime would require screen mirroring and the workarounds are not great. You can use something called MomoCast, but it doesn't work very well. You can also put a computer in the middle which basically means mirroring your iPhone on your computer and then using the computer to cast to the Chromecast, but that is a pain to explain.
Two separate questions. The first is a better app that All Cast to cast pictures to my TV. The second was whether their was an easy way to my TV to facetime via Google Chrome. It sounds like the answer to # 2 is no.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Two separate questions. The first is a better app that All Cast to cast pictures to my TV. The second was whether their was an easy way to my TV to facetime via Google Chrome. It sounds like the answer to # 2 is no.

If you're interested in casting photos, what I would do is download Google Photos to your iPhone/iPad. Let it back up all your photos and then cast directly from Google Photos to your Chromecast - no need to bother with a third-party app for that.

I think that would work rather well.

As for #2, for all intents and purposes, the answer is no.

Reaction Score
Apple TV - airplay for #2 to happen. It's the apple version of casting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom