OT: Interviewing Chris Smith | The Boneyard

OT: Interviewing Chris Smith

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
So I am doing an interview for a school project, and was randomly assigned to meet with Chris Smith. The project has nothing to do with athletics—it’s about ministry with young men who have committed violent crimes. Chris does work in this realm. So, I guess just providing an update on what he’s up to and wondering what UConn related question you’d like me to ask him? I’ll definitely mention that I’m a UConn grad and would be happy to ask a basketball question for inquiring minds

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
If he looks at the game now – pace & space, tons of combo guards who can shoot off the dribble, etc – is there a part of him that feels like he was born 25 years too soon? That he and the 1990 Huskies were ahead of their time?

What will it take to get Bridgeport & New Haven back to being the talent factories they were in the 60s, 70s & 80s?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
So I am doing an interview for a school project, and was randomly assigned to meet with Chris Smith. The project has nothing to do with athletics—it’s about ministry with young men who have committed violent crimes. Chris does work in this realm. So, I guess just providing an update on what he’s up to and wondering what UConn related question you’d like me to ask him? I’ll definitely mention that I’m a UConn grad and would be happy to ask a basketball question for inquiring minds

Ask him what % of ‘yarders are going to hell?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
If he looks at the game now – pace & space, tons of combo guards who can shoot off the dribble, etc – is there a part of him that feels like he was born 25 years too soon? That he and the 1990 Huskies were ahead of their time?

What will it take to get Bridgeport & New Haven back to being the talent factories they were in the 60s, 70s & 80s?

Sure thing! I'll ask him. Well thought out question...thank you

Reaction Score

Stop drug distribution and the violent crime that goes with it , so the kids could go to the basketball factories like the old Dixwell Ave courts were anybody could play.You had to wait your turn.
Tony Hanson spoke of piling into a car with Abro and a bunch of Waterbury ballers and hit the city courts. You improve by playing against good competition.
Kids copied from each other and honed their skills in safety.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Stop drug distribution and the violent crime that goes with it , so the kids could go to the basketball factories like the old Dixwell Ave courts were anybody could play.You had to wait your turn.
Tony Hanson spoke of piling into a car with Abro and a bunch of Waterbury ballers and hit the city courts. You improve by playing against good competition.
Kids copied from each other and honed their skills in safety.

Are you Chris Smith?

No, you are not. You are Guy with Weird Return Key Habits.

Phil is not interviewing you.

Reaction Score
How satisfying was it for you when Billy Packer the curmudgeon that waged an on-air campaign to officials criticizing your crossover move, was finally removed from the NCAA telecasts, albeit 10 years too late?

Reaction Score
How did you like practicing on a kitchen floor surface at Kolbe Cathedral?

He will completely understand that question.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom