OT - internet service with no phone line | The Boneyard

OT - internet service with no phone line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just bought a new house and need to hook up internet service but I don't want to have a home phone line.

Any suggestions on any service I can get without a phone line? Need wifi also.

I have direct TV but they told me they don't offer internet service in my area.

Reaction Score
Most ISPs will offer Internet-only, though you'd probably get a better deal if you dumped DTV and got a cable/internet bundle. It depends on where you are, though.

Reaction Score
I was paying north of $225 for cable wifi- internet and phone with cox at my old house and didn't even have a phone hooked up. Direct TV is $85/month with football package.
Most companies insist on you having a phone line and charging $30 + for it.

I guess I just need to shop around and see what's out there.

Reaction Score
Check out ATT U Verse. When I subscribed to U Verse they have an introductory rate special that was under $50 per month good for the initial year. I cancelled after 18 months only because my circumstances changed. U Verse was excellent IMO.

Reaction Score
Most ISPs will offer Internet-only, though you'd probably get a better deal if you dumped DTV and got a cable/internet bundle. It depends on where you are, though.

Maybe I've just been lucky, but since I moved to Boston, I've been switching back and forth between Comcast and RCN every year (gotta get those introductory rates!), and I have yet to pay for a landline.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Where do you live? Verizon FIOS is offering a phone, internet, tv package for about the same price as your direct TV package.

Reaction Score
Your cable company will just hook up internet for you with out having cable. I go through Metrocast for internet ($80 a month @ 75 Mbps) and I have direcTV

Reaction Score
If you want a security system, you may want a traditional land line. Congrats on the new house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom