OT Instant Hot Water Heaters. | The Boneyard

OT Instant Hot Water Heaters.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I'll be remodeling my kitchen in the next month or so and I"m considering adding an Instant HotWater Faucet/tank. Does anyone have any experience with them?

InSinkErator H-WaveC-SS Involve Series Wave Hot Water Dispenser with Stainless Steel Tank, Chrome
  • Dispenses 60 cups of 200 degree water per hour Not that I would ever have this requirement.
Water Temperature can be set from 160 to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.

Reaction Score
We had one installed in an RV we used as a summer getaway in AZ, and it worked fine for our limited use. So long as you get one that fits your application and needs, you should be okay.

Reaction Score
I'll be remodeling my kitchen in the next month or so and I"m considering adding an Instant HotWater Faucet/tank. Does anyone have any experience with them?

InSinkErator H-WaveC-SS Involve Series Wave Hot Water Dispenser with Stainless Steel Tank, Chrome
  • Dispenses 60 cups of 200 degree water per hour Not that I would ever have this requirement.
Water Temperature can be set from 160 to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
t
I've run into them those tiny type for bathroom use, usually--and they worked better than good.
The current technology-has leaped into the 21st century properly--
I use the big one tankless hot water--I built my own hot water baseboard heating system using a tankless--with a diverter for HW use in the bathroom, tub, shower--it works great for all usage.

These things are personal--whats good for one--does not always translate to another---look, read, look some more--then buy what is good for you.
One caution--the one priced as a mercedes isn't always your best choice--so look, ask in the store, call a plumber who installs (remember often they get paid to push one brand).

I think they are the future here and now.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I suspect that sort of thing might be fine. Certainly would be environmentally friendly, I suspect - the amount of water we waste here to get hot or cold water from the faucet is amazing (in AZ the "cold" water often isn't particularly cool unless you let it run, my hot water issues are just those you expect with a single story home of moderate size and a traditional water heater in the garage supplying all the hot water). The same set-up in NJ used less water, as the water heater was in the basement below the kitchen and guest bathroom - much shorter run.

In NJ we eventually went with a directly vented unit that supplied both heat and hot water and saw quite a savings on the natural gas bill. That said, I couldn't make a final "verdict" as we had some ongoing issues with our particular unit (solved just as we were moving) and only had it about a year before we moved.

Reaction Score
t
I've run into them those tiny type for bathroom use, usually--and they worked better than good.
The current technology-has leaped into the 21st century properly--
I use the big one tankless hot water--I built my own hot water baseboard heating system using a tankless--with a diverter for HW use in the bathroom, tub, shower--it works great for all usage.

These things are personal--whats good for one--does not always translate to another---look, read, look some more--then buy what is good for you.
One caution--the one priced as a mercedes isn't always your best choice--so look, ask in the store, call a plumber who installs (remember often they get paid to push one brand).

I think they are the future here and now.

I was wondering about a tankless syatem for heat. I read this article:
Using a Tankless Water Heater for Space Heat
Would you care to comment, and/or elaborate on your system design? Thanks.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
The system that I'm looking at keeps less then a gallon of water hot at any one time. The purpose is to have near boiling water anytime you want to make a cup of tea, cocoa and soups any time you want. Could also be used in place of a pot filler. Some users say they also use it to help clean up in the kitchen. I probably won't use it on a daily basis, but I may sell my house in the next year or two and since I'm doing a remodel now would be the time to install one if it was worth it. For those that spend a lot of time in the kitchen and/or have large families would you use it daily if you had one. Thanks

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
The system that I'm looking at keeps less then a gallon of water hot at any one time. The purpose is to have near boiling water anytime you want to make a cup of tea, cocoa and soups any time you want. Could also be used in place of a pot filler. Some users say they also use it to help clean up in the kitchen. I probably won't use it on a daily basis, but I may sell my house in the next year or two and since I'm doing a remodel now would be the time to install one if it was worth it. For those that spend a lot of time in the kitchen and/or have large families would you use it daily if you had one. Thanks
LOL
you are correct - the comments you received for the most part are for instantaneous hot water heaters for an entire house. You seem to be asking about the one used typically at a kitchen sink. We have had one for a very long time - actually replaced the 1st one when we remodeled about 4 years ago. The 1st one lasted over 20 years iirc. They are great for what they are. Want a cup of tea, or 3 - great. Fill a 2 gallon pot with hot water, not so much. Wouldn't have a kitchen without one, great convenience.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom