OT: Insanity Workout | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Insanity Workout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I did sky dive once back in the day of solos with static cords and mushroom chutes. A great experience.

Hang tough, eric.

Reaction Score
So far. today was day 2. I actually did pretty well until they did this one exercise - slap your hands on the floor, jump up (like you are shooting a basket), then jump down into push-up position on the floor. Then do 4 pushups, then keeping in that position, jump your feet under your chest, then back out to pushup position, then jump your feet side to side. All this is done on the floor supporting your upper body like you are doing a push up. That kinda killed me a bit. Oh, and keep doing them for 2 minutes, and we had to do 3 sets of those.

Wow that is a workout, I bet your fingers were tired typing all of that.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So... 2.5 weeks into it - with changing diet and working out as hard as I can (granted my hard and their hard are WAY different at this point), but I lost 8 pounds so far! I actually thought the scale was broken so I did it again, and sure enough, 8 pounds! It's really rewarding to see measurable changes in what I've been doing the past 2.5 weeks. Gives me a lot of motivation to work even harder!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
So... 2.5 weeks into it - with changing diet and working out as hard as I can (granted my hard and their hard are WAY different at this point), but I lost 8 pounds so far! I actually thought the scale was broken so I did it again, and sure enough, 8 pounds! It's really rewarding to see measurable changes in what I've been doing the past 2.5 weeks. Gives me a lot of motivation to work even harder!

8 pounds is great! congrats on the progress - keep it up :)

I'm sure that your body is starting to get used to the intensity (at least somewhat), so hopefully that is helping matters...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Good job. I've heard the pounds just melt off. And you'll feel way better too. But on the other hand you have to be insane to do it. ;)

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Good luck Eric. My girlfriend does it every day, and she looks terrific.

Reaction Score
I'm sure this type of workout will get you in shape but I'm always wary of gimmicky/fad type of workouts. Crossfit, Insanity, all of these are pretty good for getting people in shape but I think they tend to burn people out and can lead to injuries. I watch some of these crossfit people and they have the worst form I've ever seen and they are always getting injured. It's like all of the diet fads, people may see results in a short amount of time but they usually gain it all back. Old fashioned strength training with a decent amount of cardio is the best way to keep your body in shape. Many women are under the false idea that lifting weights will make them overly muscle bound, this couldn't be further from the truth. You will only get muscle bound by lifting serious amounts of weight and having a good diet, high in protein. Moderate weight lifting will tone your body and make your whole body feel better, there is no better exercise than weight lifting in my opinion. No gimmicks, it has to become a part of your life and routine and you have to create a good diet for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom