OT: Injuries in the NBA | The Boneyard

OT: Injuries in the NBA

Reaction Score
Is it just me or are injuries, especially among the star players are more prevalent then they were in the 90’s? The league has become softer, at least in terms of contact allowed, and then there is there are minute restrictions for certain players. But, when I see teams that are stacked with all stars like LA and Brooklyn, they can’t ever seem to all get on the court at the same time due to injuries. It really takes the luster away from marquis match ups when the stars are in street clothes.

Reaction Score
There isn’t as much physical play but they cover way more ground on defense than they used to which has to account for some of the difference. Defensive rotations are critical and now everyone has to run out at guys all the way to 30 ft from the hoop. Guys used to relax on defense as it was much more isolation based especially in the 90s. But I think the theory of early sports specialization as children is probably the real reason for so many injuries

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Some professional athletes have become so soft.

Why does Stanton need off days from being a DH to “protect his health”?

Why do these NBA guys constantly need rest days?

That’s why I love the NFL. Guys play through any injury they can in the most physical sport on the planet.

QB with a torn labrum? No problem coach, I’ll play the entire season with it!

RB with a broken foot? No problem coach, put me in and I’ll rush for 200 yards!

Meanwhile, LeBron James needs rest days from jogging up and down the floor 3 times per week.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon
Top Bottom