OT-Informative article about North Dakota State FBS/FCS debate | The Boneyard

OT-Informative article about North Dakota State FBS/FCS debate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Was wondering if they were considering moving up to FBS after their success. Continues to be some worries about the haves breaking away and the impact it could have on FCS football. If the P5 Break way, do those left behind become part of a deeper pool of FCS schools? Hope not.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/422817/

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
If they ever expand the playoff to 16 teams, I wouldn't be against them giving a bid to the FCS tournament champion.

I abhor the idea of a 16 team playoff, so I like this suggestion. They would be just as deserving as the 3 loss P5 team they would replace (which is not very deserving at all).

Reaction Score
I love the 16 team playoff. Making the tournament more inclusive is better for everyone.

Reaction Score
A speculative article with their AD making excuses to support his argument. The threat of legal and government action will be enough to keep the P5 from breaking away IMO.
That said I can see the NCAA giving schools the option to offer a stipend if they choose. That could be a good thing for the AAC as I think the AAC schools would choose to pay the stipend and distance themselves even further from next tier of conferences. A stipend might also narrow the gap in recruiting with the P5 conferences for the AAC and MWC.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
ESPN would absolutely love a 16 team tournament.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
In reading the article, it occurred to me that someone has the nicest house in Detroit. Good for them.

Reaction Score
The author highlighted the perceived fissures in the FBS level and basically used them as a case to not move up. And really it's sound judgement unless you have financial support like UConn and some othe schools had in making the transition. There are tranisitional costs, and there are the additional costs in competing at the FBS level.

Schools like Montana and UND shouldn't need to invest much more in facilities since they pretty much already play in FBS level facilities, and have better attendance than a good portion of the FBS. But in the end, everyone is happy competiting at the level they are at. They fill their dome up for every home game and it's a good time. Why mess up a good thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom