OT: Indiana | The Boneyard

OT: Indiana

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Watched some of the men's Indiana/ UNC game yesterday. Indiana crushed them. (in MBB 83-59 is crushing. "Wallop" and "rip" were the words used by ESPN).

They reminded me of a male version of UCONN women. Constant defensive pressure, constantly pushing the ball up the court (even after made baskets), 21 assists on 33 FGs, beautiful passing, running what looked like a 4-1 (4 out) motion offense. Really, really nice to watch.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Watched some of the men's Indiana/ UNC game yesterday. Indiana crushed them. (in MBB 83-59 is crushing. "Wallop" and "rip" were the words used by ESPN).

They reminded me of a male version of UCONN women. Constant defensive pressure, constantly pushing the ball up the court (even after made baskets), 21 assists on 33 FGs, beautiful passing, running what looked like a 4-1 (4 out) motion offense. Really, really nice to watch.

I had exactly the same thought, particularly when the announcers talked about the Indiana practices and shoot-arounds. Crean sounded a lot like Geno.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Meyers...as I glowingly watch IU dismantle UNC, I was running through my thoughts of comparing the guys to UConn. My trouble, who is Dolson on the IU squad? I think Stewart is more of a fit for Zeller. Faris and Sheehey. Olidipo and Banks. Hulls and Hartley. MoJeff and Yogi. Stokes to Watford. Buck to Elston.

I don't know...this could take hours to really sit down and break them all down.

Regardless, it's nice to see the teams I truly love all playing at the top of their games.
IU MBB
UConn WBB
ND Football.

IU moves the ball, pushes in transition and has guys that flat out can shoot the rock. They defend well and disrupt the opposing offense. It's a real treat after have several bad years starting 4-5 years ago.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Meyers...as I glowingly watch IU dismantle UNC, I was running through my thoughts of comparing the guys to UConn. My trouble, who is Dolson on the IU squad? I think Stewart is more of a fit for Zeller. Faris and Sheehey. Olidipo and Banks. Hulls and Hartley. MoJeff and Yogi. Stokes to Watford. Buck to Elston.
I was thinking Sheehey was more KML the way he was hitting those 3's. But I haven't watched them that much yet this year. Zeller was really impressive.

Regardless, it's nice to see the teams I truly love all playing at the top of their games.
IU MBB
UConn WBB
ND Football.
I with you until that third one.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
I understand, and trust me, I hate the WBB program and could care less for anything ND except their baseball team. But growing up in Indiana, IU BBall and ND football are the two teams all of the smart ones follow. Those black and gold lovers are the evil ones.
Now only if this could carry over to my Cubbies, I'd be set!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Now only if this could carry over to my Cubbies, I'd be set!
OMG, you are only getting worse. :confused:

ND football and the C-word fan? Do you torture puppies too?:eek:

(Cardinal fan since birth ;) )

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Don't blame that on me! :D My grandfather pitched in the minors with Bob Gibson...maybe you have heard of him.
Favorite baseball player of all time.

My brother's was Lou Brock, maybe you heard of him??? (or Ernie Broglio - LOL, still makes me laugh :D )

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Sorry i missed the beatdown :D Guess ill have to catch the second best team in the country (Indiana) on another occasion. Crean is an excellent coach..... looks like it will be Indiana and Michigan State ruling the Big 10 for the foreseeable future.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Sorry i missed the beatdown :D Guess ill have to catch the second best team in the country (Indiana) on another occasion. Crean is an excellent coach..... looks like it will be Indiana and Michigan State ruling the Big 10 for the foreseeable future.
Michigan and Ohio State are ranked ahead of Michigan St. Looks like it gonna be a BIG year for the B1G.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Hey now, don't forget to thank Indiana for some of Duke's success as well. Don't forget that Plumlee is an Indiana kid.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Where else but on the Boneyard do you have an Indiana fan and a Duke fan joining together in a love fest?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Where else but on the Boneyard do you have an Indiana fan and a Duke fan joining together in a love fest?
My two favorite MBB teams. (Yea I know.:rolleyes: )

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I've had a dislike for IU since the 80's... but I was rooting for them on Tuesday night... Now.. i can go back to disliking them ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom