OT: In the "It could be worse department" | The Boneyard

OT: In the "It could be worse department"

Reaction Score
The men's program started to go south when Blaney left. Who is allegedly coaching the big men these days cause they sure mis-fired with Brimah and couldn't keep Jackson and Enoch from bolting. Gonna be interesting to see who takes ownership of the paint next season.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Any openings on the football board? Im scared. After spending too much time there i came home and punted my cat off the front lawn on to the roof. It meeollied at me.

Reaction Score
It really sucks that we have football fans and hoop fans. We need more UConn fans.

I can't stand watching basketball but even I showed up at the XL for the tourney. The showing by the fans was an embarrassment. The attendance at football games has been an embarrassment. If we think we deserve P5 status maybe we should start acting like it.

Reaction Score
It really sucks that we have football fans and hoop fans. We need more UConn fans.

I can't stand watching basketball but even I showed up at the XL for the tourney. The showing by the fans was an embarrassment. The attendance at football games has been an embarrassment. If we think we deserve P5 status maybe we should start acting like it.

I agree. Of course I guess it makes sense since there is a divide between Men's and Women's bball fans. I don't particularly care about women's bball, but I'm watching UConn now. Anyone who likes any UConn sport should be circling the wagons right now instead of in fighting.

Reaction Score
I agree. Of course I guess it makes sense since there is a divide between Men's and Women's bball fans. I don't particularly care about women's bball, but I'm watching UConn now. Anyone who likes any UConn sport should be circling the wagons right now instead of in fighting.
It's definitely more pronounced on this board than it is in real life, at least among the alumni I know. I root for everything UConn except Susan Herbst.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Good thing our fanbase is fractured.

I don't know that it is any more or less than other fan bases. I go to a hand full of basketball games each year, and go to all the tourney games when in Hartford. I just don't really like basketball much as a sport. I think most of us are like that--we just happen to like one sport more than another, whether it be basketball or football. And there's nothing wrong with that. It doesn't mean you're rooting against anyone, you just don't care as much.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I don't know that it is any more or less than other fan bases. I go to a hand full of basketball games each year, and go to all the tourney games when in Hartford. I just don't really like basketball much as a sport. I think most of us are like that--we just happen to like one sport more than another, whether it be basketball or football. And there's nothing wrong with that. It doesn't mean you're rooting against anyone, you just don't care as much.
We have UConn football fans who actively root against UConn hoops and vice versa

Reaction Score
The pressure of the game and their disadvantages got to them. They were shooting very well until OT. It's amazing the women even had more chances in OT.

Reaction Score
We have UConn football fans who actively root against UConn hoops and vice versa

I get the idea of preferring certain sports over other ones. Personally I have no interest in basketball. I wouldn't watch the final four if it was being held in my backyard. Other people love it and that's fine too. That said I've been coming here for a few years and I can not grasp the idea that there are people who identify themselves as Uconn Fans but openly root for one sport to succeed and others to fail. That is beyond bizarre. I constantly see references to Uconn Women's Bball Only Fans and have read posts by supposed Men's Bball Fans antagonizing fans on this forum. The whole thing is twisted. To me if I turn on my TV and I see somebody wearing our Blue and White I root for them. I do so even if its a sport I know little about, or worse personally dislike.

Reaction Score
I get the idea of preferring certain sports over other ones. Personally I have no interest in basketball. I wouldn't watch the final four if it was being held in my backyard. Other people love it and that's fine too. That said I've been coming here for a few years and I can not grasp the idea that there are people who identify themselves as Uconn Fans but openly root for one sport to succeed and others to fail. That is beyond bizarre. I constantly see references to Uconn Women's Bball Only Fans and have read posts by supposed Men's Bball Fans antagonizing fans on this forum. The whole thing is twisted. To me if I turn on my TV and I see somebody wearing our Blue and White I root for them. I do so even if its a sport I know little about, or worse personally dislike.

The people who are only women's basketball fans are straight up weird. A lot of them come from all over and have absolutely no affiliation with the school, the state, or even the north east. It's the strangest fanbase in sports.

Reaction Score
The people who are only women's basketball fans are straight up weird. A lot of them come from all over and have absolutely no affiliation with the school, the state, or even the north east. It's the strangest fanbase in sports.
I know two men (age 40-50) that only watch Woman's BB as their sports passion and have no interest in other sports. i don't know what the deal is there. It's kind of creepy and they are socially awkward types.

That said, I think they are pretty amazing to watch as an example of total team play. They are UConn and I'll root for them and catch some games, but the delusion that they are the epitome of the finest basketball played on earth is a joke. If we want to talk true gender equality, a poor d-3 men's basketball squad would shred them into a thousand pieces.

Reaction Score
I know two men (age 40-50) that only watch Woman's BB as their sports passion and have no interest in other sports. i don't know what the deal is there. It's kind of creepy and they are socially awkward types.

That said, I think they are pretty amazing to watch as an example of total team play. They are UConn and I'll root for them and catch some games, but the delusion that they are the epitome of the finest basketball played on earth is a joke. If we want to talk true gender equality, a poor d-3 men's basketball squad would shred them into a thousand pieces.
Three years after Geno is gone I would be shocked if they retain 50% of their fans. I wouldn't be surprised if it got as low as 25%

Reaction Score
Holy moly, dude. No need to denigrate the accomplishments of women. It wasn't Eve's fault. I am not a women's basketball fan but am certainly amazed at what they've accomplished. Women have intelligence, too. They've been playing principled basketball, that's how they've managed to get to a streak of 111 wins. Our team doesn't have superior size right now, they've won due to passing and shooting. Old school style.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Three years after Geno is gone I would be shocked if they retain 50% of their fans. I wouldn't be surprised if it got as low as 25%
Depends on the hire they make. We can't have a mopey pro style coach like Ollie.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom