OT I guess the real Big East never | The Boneyard

OT I guess the real Big East never

Status
Not open for further replies.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
had a 1 seed or 6 or more teams in the tourney because JayWright told me this was the best the conference has ever been.
Can't wait for them to lose. Yes, I'm still holding that grudge.

Reaction Score
I can't decide whether to be annoyed or to understand this type of thing. I mean, Wright would get crucified by the conference powers that be if he constantly made reference to the old Big East. I think he is stuck pretending the original Big East never existed.

Reaction Score
had a 1 seed or 6 or more teams in the tourney because JayWright told me this was the best the conference has ever been.
Can't wait for them to lose. Yes, I'm still holding that grudge.

Make up your mind. I thought we were mad that they pretend the NBE is the same conference as the OBE. But when he makes a comment that implies it's not, that's unacceptable!

Reaction Score
I believe that Conference was overrated and over-seeded. And if they fail disastrously here in March, they will pick it up next year with the same high start. They are - in many minds - still an offshoot of the great conference. And the fact is ... rarely do they show that.

This year? Xavier crunching Michigan was about it.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
He must mean it's the best the current conference known as the Big East has ever looked. The statement made in the OP does not imply he's referring to any other league but the league as it has been constituted since 2013-2014.

Does anyone have the full quote? Because there can be no way he's referring to the league pre-2013.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
He must mean it's the best the current conference known as the Big East has ever looked. The statement made in the OP does not imply he's referring to any other league but the league as it has been constituted since 2013-2014.

Does anyone have the full quote? Because there can be no way he's referring to the league pre-2013.
It was a thread here when he first said it. He meant the whole Big East

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The NBE is the bottom half of the OBE, with the possible exception of Gtown, and even they had a bunch of no show seasons.

So, naturally after a 20 year run of mostly staring at the back end of the lead dogs they would feel like the current view is the best ever.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You all sound like a bunch of bitter ex-girlfriends.

Jay Wright would sound like an idiot if he had to make a dozen qualifiers every time he talked about the conference. We all know what he means. Ironically, BCU, Miami, Syracuse and Pitt screwed us over much worse than the C7 ever did, and we are begging to be in a conference with those schools.

Reaction Score
You all sound like a bunch of bitter ex-girlfriends.

Jay Wright would sound like an idiot if he had to make a dozen qualifiers every time he talked about the conference. We all know what he means. Ironically, BCU, Miami, Syracuse and Pitt screwed us over much worse than the C7 ever did, and we are begging to be in a conference with those schools.
Since when is UConn begging to join the ACC? B1G or B12 are the only two bids we'd accept at this point.

Reaction Score
Make up your mind. I thought we were mad that they pretend the NBE is the same conference as the OBE. But when he makes a comment that implies it's not, that's unacceptable!

This. Give Jay Wright credit -- he has the ball to not just pretend that this is the same conference as he used to play in just because Fox gave the schools the money to buy the name.

My bad -- I forgot I'm supposed to complain no matter what someone else says.

Reaction Score
Seton Hall winning their first BET Championship in 23 years .......... Enough said!

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
This. Give Jay Wright credit -- he has the ball to not just pretend that this is the same conference as he used to play in just because Fox gave the schools the money to buy the

Just one? Just like Hitler!

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Wright also said this BE in basketball is like the SEC in football.
I'm not a bitter ex-girlfriend, Jay is delusional.

Perhaps people should check what he said before they get "all judgey"

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Since when is UConn begging to join the ACC? B1G or B12 are the only two bids we'd accept at this point.

Right. Because we would turn down the ACC to stay in the knock-off conference with the similar initials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom