OT: Hugh Hefner has left the building | The Boneyard

OT: Hugh Hefner has left the building

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Hef passed away today at the Mansion, aged 91. Cultural pariah? Or icon ? In his time he was both to many.
Hugh Hefner, iconic founder of Playboy, has died at age 91

IMG_4163.JPG

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
My som lives in LA in an area that's fairly large that amounts to a neighborhood association and includes the area of the Playboy Mansion. A few years ago Hefner allowed them to use the mansion for a meeting. Apparently Hefner made a token appearance. No bunnies or women hanging out. My son doesn't live in a mansion.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
Hef passed away today at the Mansion, aged 91. Cultural pariah? Or icon ? In his time he was both to many.

and to a lot of people just meh

Reaction Score
What a loss! Hef was frequently referred to as a "philosopher king"--at least by my good friends Chuck and Artie. Among his pithies: "You're only as old as the women you feel."
Mr PJ leaves a wife of 29; the prospect of being married to a 30-year old may have been too depressing. I count it as the cause of death.

Reaction Score
What a loss! Hef was frequently referred to as a "philosopher king"--at least by my good friends Chuck and Artie. Among his pithies: "You're only as old as the women you feel."
Mr PJ leaves a wife of 29; the prospect of being married to a 30-year old may have been too depressing. I count it as the cause of death.
Actually I believe it was Groucho who first made that crack popular. Here's a few thoughts about the great man from some of the people who knew him well. Too well, from the sound of it but that's up to the reader to decide.

Current Affairs | Culture & Politics

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
so does this mean my print subscription stops?

Reaction Score
If you believe in a after life reward, I would not want to be present for his judgement !

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
When I was a kid, I only read Playboy for the interviews, you know. :rolleyes:
Like you, Bags, I never wanted my mother to catch me reading the Kurt Vonnegut interview, learning how to tie a Windsor knot, mastering the perfect martini or contemplating an audio upgrade for my Lamborghini. So long, Hef.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Great interviews, movie reviews, album reviews, book reviews, electronics reviews, fashion tips, the Playboy Advisor, and, dare I say it, interesting pictorials.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Great interviews, movie reviews, album reviews, book reviews, electronics reviews, fashion tips, the Playboy Advisor, and, dare I say it, interesting pictorials.
the cartoon jokes are nice as well

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Hefner started dating Barbi Benton when she was 19 and he was 43. When he first asked her out, Benton replied, " I don't know Mr. Hefner, I've never dated anyone over 25 years old."
"That's all right," Hef replied, "neither have I!"

Hope

flowers die
Reaction Score
Which issue was Burt Reynolds in?

Reaction Score
If you believe in a after life reward, I would not want to be present for his judgement !

He said, “An afterlife would be a really good deal. Yeah, I would vote in favor of that. But in the meantime, I urge one and all to live this life as if there is no reward in the afterlife." He once boasted that he'd slept with over 1,000 women.

The empire he created [not alone mind you] aimed to break down what he called “puritanical” views of sex. The promotion of commitment-free relationships, contraception and cohabitation are natural consequences of a view of women as temporary disposable toys. Abortion skyrocketed, along with divorce, eating disorders and children left behind in the wreckage. Hefner only boasted about his media “accomplishments,” the primary one being the mainstreaming of the view that it's perfectly acceptable for men to consume images of women for fun.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I'll give him credit for being one of the few individuals I've encountered who could make the subject of sex boring.
Not for him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom