OT: How sweet it, um, might be! | The Boneyard

OT: How sweet it, um, might be!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
The Cleveland Indians will play in the Wold Series. Last time they won it was 1948. I am old enough to remember it.

The Chicago Cubs are one win away. They last won the World Series in 1908. Nobody is old enough to remember that.

No "Subway Series," but maybe a "Great Lakes Series." :rolleyes:

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Cleveland could use another title for 2016

Reaction Score
And, if the Browns could make a run that would be three in a year. Has that ever been done?

Reaction Score
And, if the Browns could make a run that would be three in a year.
:)
picture15.png

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
How I would love to see my Cubbies IN the World Series!! The angst/anticipation for the next two (if necessary) games will be epic in Chicago.

I would love to see the Cubs play the Indians....in my house we would call it the Red Sox Alumni games with the large number of former Bostonians on both teams.

I don't believe in curses. I do believe it might - MIGHT - just be the year the Cubs get to the series. Beyond that, I will not predict now (mojo alert).

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
How I would love to see my Cubbies IN the World Series!! The angst/anticipation for the next two (if necessary) games will be epic in Chicago.

I would love to see the Cubs play the Indians....in my house we would call it the Red Sox Alumni games with the large number of former Bostonians on both teams.

Indians: Francona (Mgr), Crisp, Miller, Napoli.
Cubbies: Epstein (GM), Rizzo, Lester, Lackey, Ross.

VIP seating for Luchino and Cherington.:mad:

Reaction Score
Just read a tweet where Charlie Sheen would like to throw out the first pitch dressed as "Wild Thing" from Major League fame.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The Cleveland Indians will play in the Wold Series. Last time they won it was 1948. I am old enough to remember it.

The Chicago Cubs are one win away. They last won the World Series in 1908. Nobody is old enough to remember that.

Lets go Cubbies! Those fatalistic, devoted Cub fans deserve a series win like no others. To me they are true baseball fans. 1908? Last appearance in 1945? These fans have earned it, and baseball needs a feel good boost. I'm a long time Met fan who suffered through years of 100 loss seasons, which are still nothing compared to what those fans have suffered. If there's a God....

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

How sweet it is -- in Chicago! The Cubbies beat the Dodgers and will play the Indians in the "Great Lakes World Series." I can hear Harry Caray now:

"Holy Cow!"
:)

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Let me be the first to dub this the "sentimental series." It surely is that.

Reaction Score
I'm kind of two minds about this. Like most folks I regard the Cubbies as the
sentimental favorite. On the other hand, if the Cubs win, then the quest will
be over - no more "lovable losers", and one of baseballs great back stories will
be no more. A significant loss in my view.

Reaction Score
As a Twins fan, I should be rooting for my American League and Divisional friends, Cleveland. But I can't and won't. I am rooting for those Cubbies!! Let's do this for Harry Carey!! Go, Cubs!!

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Indians: Francona (Mgr), Crisp, Miller, Napoli.
Cubbies: Epstein (GM), Rizzo, Lester, Lackey, Ross.

VIP seating for Luchino and Cherington.:mad:

Don't forget Andrew Miller in Cleveland..to Indians from Yankees, but prior stop was Boston.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I'm already happy for whichever team wins the Series. It could be an absolute feast for "Believe-land" if both the Indians and Cavs win titles. And if the Cubs shake off the fabled Goat Curse, what a catharsis that would be. Especially after that Steve Bartman incident...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom