OT: How not to treat a star CBB coach - ISU & Fred Hoiberg | The Boneyard

OT: How not to treat a star CBB coach - ISU & Fred Hoiberg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://amestrib.com/sports/men-s-ba...lationship-between-hoiberg-s-cyclones-and-isu

The day after claiming the Diamond Head Classic championship in Hawaii in December 2013, the Iowa State men’s basketball team used luggage as beds and pillows in a hotel ballroom.

The Cyclones, on their way to the best start in school history, went without hotel rooms in order to save ISU from paying an extra night’s rate as they waited hours for their return flights to Iowa, sources with direct knowledge of the situation told the Ames Tribune.

“It was bush league,” one source said. “It was a mid-major move.”

It was one example of what multiple sources described as a pattern of “nickel and diming” of the men’s basketball program by the ISU athletic department and athletic director Jamie Pollard in the final years before Fred Hoiberg left to coach the Chicago Bulls in June.

“If Jamie would have handled things differently,” another source told the Ames Tribune, “I’m not so sure Fred would have left.”

Reaction Score
hoiberg was my favorite coach in ncaab other than KO, sucks he jetted for the pros but from the sound of it he made the right decision. Might root more for the bulls this season. Some good young coaches in the east : hoiberg, Kidd, stevens and spo,

Reaction Score
I remember going over to the ISU board before our tournament game and the majority of posters were making it out like they had a better program than us, it was really insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom