OT: How much would someone have to pay you | The Boneyard

OT: How much would someone have to pay you

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
To get in your car, drive 2 hours to an NFL stadium on a Saturday night and sit through an entire preseason game.

If I had to drive myself no way would I go for less than $500.

Reaction Score
Having gone to one over a decade ago, cause the ticket was free, I can tell you those people are there to get smashed. I'm surprised they make it inside. Seeing as I am not much of a drinker/tailgater, it was the first and last time I ever went to a preaseason game. 500 bucks, yeah that would do it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Having gone to one over a decade ago, cause the ticket was free, I can tell you those people are there to get smashed. I'm surprised they make it inside. Seeing as I am not much of a drinker/tailgater, it was the first and last time I ever went to a preaseason game. 500 bucks, yeah that would do it.

A guy I work with had suite tickets for Patriots/Rams on a Thursday night and was baffled why none of us wanted to go with him.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I went to a Pats/Giants preseason game a few years ago and sat in those 200 club seats for free. I still couldn't make it through an entire game.

Reaction Score
My buddy has Pats season tix. The insult is that the preseason "games" are part of the package and cost the same as real games.

Reaction Score
Not one dime if my son was playing in the game.
image.jpg

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Less than you would have to pay me to go to any MLB game.

I can see finding that as boring - but the atmosphere isn't quite as toxic. I don't know how anyone brings kids to any NFL game.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
My buddy has Pats season tix. The insult is that the preseason "games" are part of the package and cost the same as real games.

It's amazing there hasn't been a revolt.

It's also amazing the league allows their rosters to be decimated during the preseason. So many guys get hurt it's amazing.

Reaction Score
whaler11 said:
I can see finding that as boring - but the atmosphere isn't quite as toxic. I don't know how anyone brings kids to any NFL game.

Especially an away game. Some stadiums are downright hostile to opposing fans. Drunk grown ups cursing at 10 year olds etc.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Especially an away game. Some stadiums are downright hostile to opposing fans. Drunk grown ups cursing at 10 year olds etc.

Y'know, if those 10 year old kids would shut the he!l up, root for the right team and not get up every five minutes to go to the bathroom, drunk adults wouldn't have to yell at them.

Your scenario is exactly why I made sure to buy tix to the UConn/UCF game in the UConn visiting section. The UConn/Tulane game? I'm not nearly as worried about the crowd.

Reaction Score
People don't get rowdy when they're sleeping.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
When I was living in CT we drove down to the meadowlands for a Gints weeknight preseason game. Nope, never do that again. Now I live 15-20 minutes from Foxboro and I've been to one Pats preseason game. If someone wanted to give me tickets and was going with friends I'd drive the 10 miles - otherwise no way. Shoot, I've turned down club box seats to the Red Sox in the regular season. I should frame this by saying since my kids were born my wife fights me on UConn football games so I pretty much turn down everything else.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I'd rather be forced into attending every Jacksonville Jaguars preseason game for the rest of my life than listen to one inning of a Yankees game with John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom