Beer | Page 125 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
A cocktail of sorts to start and 4-5 beers, maybe a snort or 2 of McGuillicudys or alike I am normally mid to high 70s. I don't expect that any less consumption would enable me to shoot 68 more often I always feel like my swing is in control. Now more than that and my putting becomes less than par.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The amount of different bottles was most definitely some sort of record. Quite the sight, Connvict took this out on the pansies at the course later on.

There was no reason for that amount of alcohol to be on anything with a motor.

Might have been the first and only time in history a course marshall had to drive around asking people if they'd heard a cannon.

Reaction Score

Might have been the first and only time in history a course marshall had to drive around asking people if they'd heard a cannon.

Having been on sight immediately and knowing the foursome I also came to the conclusion that most of the empty bottles were consumed by basically 2 of the 4. Rip and Connvict certainly were the prime drinkers as I know Ronster won't have more than 1 and while prankster had the cannon I doubt he drank as much as those 2. Almost impressive they were able to finish after the roll over.

Reaction Score
I'm not a golfer but I play a lot of pool and darts. I'm exponentially better with 3-4 beers in me and then it's a steady decline after that.
I wouldn't try darts while drinking, but tough playing pool without beer.

Reaction Score
How many beers does it take to totally erode your golf game?? Typically by my second beer I am in a very relaxed mode and hitting a nice draw. Halfway through my 3rd beer, the draw starts turning into a hook. Throw in a shot or 2 and and the hook turns into a boomerang and potential injury.
Finally, a question I could provide a thoughtful answer to. Swing oil is essential to old bones.

Reaction Score

Ah, the good old days. When Boneyarders all got along and posters didn't call each other bad names in every other thread.

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
I wouldn't try darts while drinking, but tough playing pool without beer.

I always found that an immediate beer or two seemed to help my competitive pool game. Then during the course of the match just sipping another one kept the nerves steady.

Reaction Score
The new Big Bird DIPA from Trillium is fantastic.
GflrWi3.jpg
I'm drinking a Big Bird later today for my birthday, and I'm also going to drink C38 from Treehouse today. Can't wait!

Last week, I picked up some "Old Man" from Treehouse. I'm not a big Extra Special Bitter beer type of guy, but after getting through the first few sips, I got used to the taste, it was pretty good. I can't wait to have another one of them, might even have a cigar with it.

Reaction Score
Draftmag came out with a list of 50 best IPAs. I don't agree with their rankings at all. I've had Ice Cream Man from Backeast and was not a fan, it was very watered down IMO. Unless the waitress at J Timothys served me something completely different. Fuzzy Baby Ducks, also a 100% citra beer, is way better than Ice Cream Man.

I haven't heard of most of these beers either and Ballast point shouldn't be on here anyways. I like BeerAdvocates listing much much better! There isn't even a beer from Hill Farmstead or Trillium on this list!

The 50 best IPAs in America

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Draftmag came out with a list of 50 best IPAs. I don't agree with their rankings at all. I've had Ice Cream Man from Backeast and was not a fan, it was very watered down IMO. Unless the waitress at J Timothys served me something completely different. Fuzzy Baby Ducks, also a 100% citra beer, is way better than Ice Cream Man.

I haven't heard of most of these beers either and Ballast point shouldn't be on here anyways. I like BeerAdvocates listing much much better! There isn't even a beer from Hill Farmstead or Trillium on this list!

Horrible list. Almost all of these lists are terrible.

Reaction Score

There are so many IPAs these days that obviously it's tough to put together a top 50 that any 2 people will agree with. And who knows what the author has had or hasn't had. There are some options at Treehouse that I would argue are better than Julius. Who knows if the author tried them.

Just went to Trillium today and picked up some Double Dry Hopped Congress Street (#6). Can't wait to crack them open.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

Trillium was at #6.

And Intergalactic Lupulinary is in my Top 3 fave brewskis.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
After I checked out that list, I stumbled onto this article about the response by InBev to the Brewers Association creating its “certified independent craft” seal. Basically a seal stating that a particular brewery isn't owned by a giant. Check out the video. What a bunch of clowns.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Co-worker's hubby just gifted me one of these and I just tried it. Excellent New England IPA, apparently brewed at Overshores in East Haven. I don't recall Overshores doing anything memorable, but this one that Evil Twin brews there is really top notch:

DEF8sxWXgAEdjCY.jpg

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Drinking Bell's Two Hearted in a Chicago hotel room. It is a perfect illustration of what the IPA was before some small New England breweries improved it. Just too. Bitter and harsh.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Drinking Bell's Two Hearted in a Chicago hotel room. It is a perfect illustration of what the IPA was before some small New England breweries improved it. Just too. Bitter and harsh.
That beer was one of my all-time faves and I just picked up some in Baltimore recently and it broke my heart that it didn't taste special any more. New England IPAs have ruined me.

Reaction Score
That beer was one of my all-time faves and I just picked up some in Baltimore recently and it broke my heart that it didn't taste special any more. New England IPAs have ruined me.

Bells (along with Founders) was the mammo-jammo back in the day. What about Hop Slam? That was one of the grails. How does it stand up? I'm not a hop fan, so I wouldn't know.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Bells (along with Founders) was the mammo-jammo back in the day. What about Hop Slam? That was one of the grails. How does it stand up? I'm not a hop fan, so I wouldn't know.

Last I had Hopslam it was pretty good. I think the issue is hops. Two Hearted is a single hop, I think Centennial. The C hops are really bittering hops now, can't really carry a flavor profile compared to modern hops.

Reaction Score
Another IPA party tomorrow in New Haven - this is our annual summer bash;

Treehouse
Trillium
Maine Brewing
Alchemist
Fiddlehead
NEBCO

All representing and I was able to get a log of Headway from Counter Weight! Look for late night drunken recruitment posts from me. You've been warned.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom