Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
Everyone needs to move on from the unfiltered IPA

Was in Colorado last week at Vail Brewing Co. They had a beer called Smaht Juice. It was described as an unfiltered New England style juicy IPA. It wasn't nearly as hazy as a Tree House or Trillium becauase the locals didn't think anyone would drink a muddy beer yet out west, but it wasn't clear earthier. It was good but not great. The haze holds the hop oils so it was missing aroma. I think this style is still in its infancy.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Everyone needs to move on from the unfiltered IPA

It's like anything else: it's a fairly new style, so it's the hot thing to brew right now. Seems like every brewery has one or is coming out with one soon. I don't mind it, because competition is a great thing in the beer industry. Two Roads' Two Juicy is really good on tap (wasn't a huge fan of it out of the can), HOOKER's #unfiltered is really good too. Those are probably my two favorite "new" NEIPAs that have come out.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Radiant Pig out of NYC has a killer IPA called Save The Robots. It was on tap last Friday night at the Stand in Branford. If you see it grab it. A delicious resin finish. It just may have cracked my Top 5 fave brewskis.

19143014_10154739543949639_666613760389857066_o.jpg

Reaction Score
Anyone looking to go to a beer fest Siptemberfest might be the one to go to. I went last year and Some of the brewers were The Alchemist, Lawson's, Foam and Treehouse. Tickets went on sale today and the good thing about this one besides the beer is they limit the tickets so it's not too crowded.

SIPBeer – Vermont’s Best Little Beer Fest

Reaction Score
My brother bought me 2 four packs of Hop Hands and a growler of Alien Church from Tired Hands in Ardmore, PA. The Alien Church is an excellent IPA, better than all the NEIPAs from CT and Hop Hands is a very good APA for the summer.

NEBCo is releasing Double Fuzzy Baby Ducks today for growler fills and according to their Instagram account, they will be canning this fantastic beer soon too!

Reaction Score
Anyone made it out to Fox Farm Brewery in Salem yet? It's been open about 5 weeks. They pumped serious money into this place. The tasting room is gorgeous and on a nice private plot of land that you can enjoy with picnic tables outside. The beer is way above average. Every variation of their pale ale is delicious. I've got a growler of their Double IPA brewed with grapes from their farm in the fridge. I'm looking forward to cracking that one at some point this week.

They released a slightly sour farmhouse ale called Freckled Fields that I think is a perfect summer beer. They are also bottle conditioning it and will be releasing bottles in a few a weeks. Based on a quick chat with an employee it sounds like they plan on really ramping up on the farmhouse styles and funky stuff.

Reaction Score
Radiant Pig out of NYC has a killer IPA called Save The Robots. It was on tap last Friday night at the Stand in Branford. If you see it grab it. A delicious resin finish. It just may have cracked my Top 5 fave brewskis.

19143014_10154739543949639_666613760389857066_o.jpg

I stopped there in Friday saw it on the board and passed cause I never heard of it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I just caught a Lite Beer commercial that said it's "to be enjoyed on nights that start out as afternoons." Isn't that just like saying it's the one beer to have when you're having more than one?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
My usual go-to regional brewery, Great Lakes, up in Cleveland finally produced a beer I don't like. "Grandes Lagos", flavored with hibiscus. I didn't know what to really expect, but I love hibiscus agua frescas and was willing to try it even though I disdain most all fruity beers. Doesn't work. At all.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
This new Persian lime gose from Two Roads. If you like the style and see it, it is a must.

Last edited:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
30 Mile in Old Saybrook released Baby Fight Club APA in cans this past Saturday. Delicious.

And for summer crushables look for Back Easts's Summer Ale and Stony Creek's La Garza. So good.

Reaction Score
How many beers does it take to totally erode your golf game?? Typically by my second beer I am in a very relaxed mode and hitting a nice draw. Halfway through my 3rd beer, the draw starts turning into a hook. Throw in a shot or 2 and and the hook turns into a boomerang and potential injury.

Reaction Score
It usually takes about 5-6 beers and then I am playing really well. another 4-5 shots of Fireball with 2-3 more beers and I am winded when I am putting. It is a very small window, about a 4 hole window when I feel like I can play on the Tour. Then I triple bogey the next 3 holes and I am falling out of the golf cart.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Back in the old-timey days when we had Boneyard golf tournaments, I can tell you that my foursome was always heavily-favored, but would routinely go off the rails purely due to alcohol.

I don't know how many beers it took for the wheels to come off, but I can tell you that gin was nearly instantaneous.

Reaction Score
It usually takes about 5-6 beers and then I am playing really well. another 4-5 shots of Fireball with 2-3 more beers and I am winded when I am putting. It is a very small window, about a 4 hole window when I feel like I can play on the Tour. Then I triple bogey the next 3 holes and I am falling out of the golf cart.
O.K. someone has to post that picture of the golf cart on its side with a shattered bottle of booze from one of the BYCs.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
4 good beers or 7 practice beers. If whiskey is involved, substantially sooner. The good news is that i wont be playing until i can pick up the cleats i left on the long drive hole at Tumblebrook two weeks ago.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom