OT: how many beers does it take?

How many beers does it take to totally erode your golf game?? Typically by my second beer I am in a very relaxed mode and hitting a nice draw. Halfway through my 3rd beer, the draw starts turning into a hook. Throw in a shot or 2 and and the hook turns into a boomerang and potential injury.

It usually takes about 5-6 beers and then I am playing really well. another 4-5 shots of Fireball with 2-3 more beers and I am winded when I am putting. It is a very small window, about a 4 hole window when I feel like I can play on the Tour. Then I triple bogey the next 3 holes and I am falling out of the golf cart.

Fishy

Puncher of Throats
Back in the old-timey days when we had Boneyard golf tournaments, I can tell you that my foursome was always heavily-favored, but would routinely go off the rails purely due to alcohol.

I don't know how many beers it took for the wheels to come off, but I can tell you that gin was nearly instantaneous.

It usually takes about 5-6 beers and then I am playing really well. another 4-5 shots of Fireball with 2-3 more beers and I am winded when I am putting. It is a very small window, about a 4 hole window when I feel like I can play on the Tour. Then I triple bogey the next 3 holes and I am falling out of the golf cart.
O.K. someone has to post that picture of the golf cart on its side with a shattered bottle of booze from one of the BYCs.

UC313

Knucklehead
4 good beers or 7 practice beers. If whiskey is involved, substantially sooner. The good news is that i wont be playing until i can pick up the cleats i left on the long drive hole at Tumblebrook two weeks ago.

A cocktail of sorts to start and 4-5 beers, maybe a snort or 2 of McGuillicudys or alike I am normally mid to high 70s. I don't expect that any less consumption would enable me to shoot 68 more often I always feel like my swing is in control. Now more than that and my putting becomes less than par.

Fishy

Puncher of Throats
The amount of different bottles was most definitely some sort of record. Quite the sight, Connvict took this out on the pansies at the course later on.
There was no reason for that amount of alcohol to be on anything with a motor.

Might have been the first and only time in history a course marshall had to drive around asking people if they'd heard a cannon.

Might have been the first and only time in history a course marshall had to drive around asking people if they'd heard a cannon.
Having been on sight immediately and knowing the foursome I also came to the conclusion that most of the empty bottles were consumed by basically 2 of the 4. Rip and Connvict certainly were the prime drinkers as I know Ronster won't have more than 1 and while prankster had the cannon I doubt he drank as much as those 2. Almost impressive they were able to finish after the roll over.

How many beers does it take to totally erode your golf game?? Typically by my second beer I am in a very relaxed mode and hitting a nice draw. Halfway through my 3rd beer, the draw starts turning into a hook. Throw in a shot or 2 and and the hook turns into a boomerang and potential injury.
Finally, a question I could provide a thoughtful answer to. Swing oil is essential to old bones.

Ah, the good old days. When Boneyarders all got along and posters didn't call each other bad names in every other thread.

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
I wouldn't try darts while drinking, but tough playing pool without beer.
I always found that an immediate beer or two seemed to help my competitive pool game. Then during the course of the match just sipping another one kept the nerves steady.