OT - Houston offers Tom Herman $3m+ in effort to re-sign | The Boneyard

OT - Houston offers Tom Herman $3m+ in effort to re-sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Joseph_Duarte 7:05pm via Twitter for iPhone
. @UHouston BOR chair Tilman Fertitta: 'We want to lock @CoachTomHerman into a long-term contact."

Joseph_Duarte 7:06pm via Twitter for iPhone
. @UHouston BOR chair Fertitta says school will increase @CoachTomHerman annual salary from $1.3 to 3 million when he agrees to deal

BryanDFischer 7:18pm via Tweetbot for iΟS
It’s not just that Houston is pushing Tom Herman’s salary to $3mill, it’s doing that with largest Go5 assistant pool + new facility plans.

Joseph_Duarte 7:24pm via TweetDeck
The $3 million annual offer to @CoachTomHerman would be 3rd-highest in Pac-12, 4th ACC, 6th Big Ten, 7th Big 12 and 13th in SEC among HCs

Joseph_Duarte 7:40pm via TweetDeck
UH AD @HunterYurachek: ‘It was important to send statement that UH doesn't need to be stepping stone for coaches but rather destination.'

Joseph_Duarte 7:47pm via TweetDeck
UH AD @HunterYurachek: ‘Coach Herman is one of hottest coaches in country. He is a hot commodity. We want him to be our hot commodity.'

Reaction Score
I get it but I also think they and everyone else are jumping the gun. Just like you can't judge Diaco on year 1 you can't judge Hermsn either. It isn't like he came into SMU and succeeded. He took over a really good team and has been really good.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
They want to get rid of Coach Herman?!?!?!

OOOOOHHHHHHHHHH. Re-sign, not resign. The woman's basketball board has a thread addressing this type of word. Contronyms, they are called.

Reaction Score

OOOOOHHHHHHHHHH. Re-sign, not resign. The woman's basketball board has a thread addressing this type of word. Contronyms, they are called.

I did a double take after posting but can't edit the dang title... A little Mod help please?

Reaction Score

I was beyond confused. "They're going to pay him 3 million so he leaves?!?!?! is his buyout that big or something?!?!"

Had a good laugh at this

Reaction Score
Props to Houston for showing the commitment and finding the $$. If you don't do this he is gone to Missouri or some other school. He may still leave, but it won't be because of dollars. Houston is really trying to separate themselves from the G5 pack. It will be interesting to see if Memphis follows suit with Fuente. Afterall, the fed ex is a supposed sugar daddy for them.

Reaction Score
I get it but I also think they and everyone else are jumping the gun. Just like you can't judge Diaco on year 1 you can't judge Hermsn either. It isn't like he came into SMU and succeeded. He took over a really good team and has been really good.

You may be right, but there will still be multiple P5 Schools with openings that would be more than happy to hand Herman 3m per to come and be their coach. Houston either shows him a major commitment or he's coaching elsewhere next year.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I did a double take after posting but can't edit the dang title... A little Mod help please?
Just giving you a little static. No harm intended. I know for a fact you can take it. ;)

Reaction Score
It's nice to be wanted; its important to strike while the iron is hot. I am not sure there is a job open at this point that would align, but it could get interesting if LSU or Bevo opens up.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
With all of the Charlie Strong rumors to Miami, Texas might kick the tires on Herman if they strike out (again) on landing a "big name".

Reaction Score
Speaking of jumping the gun, is Charlie Weis still getting paid by ND?????:(:(:(:(:(

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
For the sake of the conference and the ability to get some more GD money into our coffers, I hope Herman stays at Houston. It would be difficult for them to have 3 coaches in 3 years.

I also hope Memphis and Temple will pony up to keep Funete and Ruhle but something tells me that are both are long gone after the year ends.

Reaction Score
My point is hat there are guys who are great fits where they are but for some reason don't "translate" well. O'Brien was the right guy for Penn State and likely could have stayed for a decade or more. The Texans? Not so much. Strong was a great fit at Louisville but you can make a pretty good case that he isn't at Texas. And they all had longer tenures than Herman in much tougher situations. I'd sure want to see Herman do it over 2-3 years. He might. Even then there's a question if he'll translate.

Reaction Score
Some rumors are him taking over the Saints.
Dude is like 60.. IMO, he'd be better off living the life coaching kids instead of dealing with a bunch of egos.. take a page out of Saban's book.. His style of coaching I think is more like his... stay in school.

Reaction Score
Marty Jackson said:
he's got a $15M buyout... Drops to $12M next year. That's pretty expensive, even for an SEC school.

It's being talked about. Which seems crazy to me.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I like this ‘It was important to send statement that UH doesn't need to be stepping stone for coaches but rather destination.'... I hope that in the hopefully near future when Diaco is getting serious attention from P5 schools (if we're not one yet) that UConn comes to the table for Bobby and make a similar statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom