OT: Home Security System | The Boneyard

OT: Home Security System

Reaction Score
Looking for advice and general monthly/annual cost for security system for home. I live in small rural town in New Hampshire. We aren't in high crime area but if we both work during day then maybe I'd feel better with a system. Or can you buy and set up cameras and follow on Internet if that's cheaper? Haven't had any problems but still I'm thinking about getting something.

Thanks Boneyard!

Reaction Score
We have a place in a small very rural town where we have no internet access meaning no cable tv and no internet unless you use your cell or portable WiFi hotspot (which is why the damn Verizon hill is $600+ a month, but I digrsss).

We pay annually a small local installer who is service orientsted. We have sensors on most windows and internal motion sensors.

It works I’ll tell you every now and again we get an alarm when we’re down in town, they call and ask do you want to call the cops or not (if they don’t reach us the cops are called) and we typically go home and we have a trooper, sheriff and a state park police and maybe an Encon cop.

A friend has one that he can see everything, but I don’t get it. I don’t need to see all my rooms.

Visible cameras as a deterrent or as a capture device I get 100%

I personally wouldn’t screw with setting it up myself - it was pretty inexpensive if I exam correctly.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I’m curious about WiFi or Bluetooth set up. I’m looking for a security system with exterior cameras and internal motion sensors. I’d rather not have to run wires all over the house.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
If you would really feel more comfortable looking at a camera everyone once in a while go with a Nest. They also just came out with a security system. Professional monitoring is optional if you think you can handle calling someone if anything shady is going on.

Nest Secure alarm system.

We had a “real” system installed for years and have had too many false alarms in the middle of the night

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom