OT: HOF'er retires....golf | The Boneyard

OT: HOF'er retires....golf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Se Ri Pak retired a few days ago....at 39....has won 25 tourneys including 5 majors...the first being
the U.S. Open in 1998. Injuries have hampered her play for the last few years. In addition to her own success
on the course she was the inspiration for the Asian Invasion of a bevy of super-talented Asian players coming to the LPGA tour....and frankly kinda dominating it. Seeing her on TV sent a clear message to South Koreans in particular.

IMO....the tour has never had so many players capable of winning every week....the depth is better than ever.
Language issues are a problem for some. Truth is I would have a hard time matching faces with names except for a few....but that is on me.

Players from the USA have a real challenge to overcome or my guess is that this trend will continue....junior programs over there are tremendous.

I think she is the youngest ever to be elected to the HOF....that happened when she was 27.

Reaction Score
Se Ri Pak retired a few days ago....at 39....has won 25 tourneys including 5 majors...the first being
the U.S. Open in 1998. Injuries have hampered her play for the last few years. In addition to her own success
on the course she was the inspiration for the Asian Invasion of a bevy of super-talented Asian players coming to the LPGA tour....and frankly kinda dominating it. Seeing her on TV sent a clear message to South Koreans in particular.

IMO....the tour has never had so many players capable of winning every week....the depth is better than ever.
Language issues are a problem for some. Truth is I would have a hard time matching faces with names except for a few....but that is on me.

Players from the USA have a real challenge to overcome or my guess is that this trend will continue....junior programs over there are tremendous.

I think she is the youngest ever to be elected to the HOF....that happened when she was 27.
Didn't hear that. She was a force for sure. There were so many greats that made the LPGA a delight to watch. Great competition. I wish there was a viable "seniors" tour for the women. I'd pay to watch them ...just to be on the course with them. I believe Julie Inkster, Karrie Webb, and Laura Davies are all still "somewhat" active. But the retired greats like, Annika Sorenstam, Nancy Lopez, Judy Rankin, Dottie Pepper, Loren Ochoa, and so many more ...it was fun. All of the great Asian players of the day (as a group) just don't seem to have the same swagger and personality that their predecessors had. I hardly watch the LPGA at all anymore. :(

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I was an avid fan of the LPGA starting back in the 70's. I was a fan of Se Ri Pak but I started losing interest several years ago as Asian started dominating the tour. It has reached the point where American golfers are no longer relevant. IMO the biggest factors are work ethic and focus.

Some stats:
Money list top ten - 1 American
CME ranking top ten - 1 American
Wins - 1 American win in 27 tournaments so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads