OT: Here's Another Biker Chick | The Boneyard

OT: Here's Another Biker Chick

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Well, it's happened.

1539618696132.png

I do so love the part of the article where the Prof states:

“Focusing on performance advantage is largely irrelevant because this is a rights issue. We shouldn’t be worried about trans people taking over the Olympics. We should be worried about their fairness and human rights instead.”

Certainly a convenient position for the Prof. Whither competitive sports? How'd you like to see some transgender 6' 8" persson swatting everything around the hoop?

We talked about this extensively when a state title in track was won by a transgender male.

Biological Male Wins World Championship Event in Women’s Cycling

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
If you have enough money, you can find a doctor to carve you up to make you look like a giraffe.

That, however, does not make you a giraffe.
Well said.

Some people would say this is another instance where men attempt to co-op, subsume or minimize the accomplishments of women. To say this is merely a rights issue for the transgendered fails to take into account a whole host of societal issues, the top of that list being the right of women to enjoy competition in a system of a presumptive meritocracy. To me any "new" woman that wins in any such competition against women by birth is no true victor and a loss for everyone else.

Reaction Score
He/she should join the 30-39 age, 6'6" -7', 235 lb + group. Otherwise it is not a fair competition.

Reaction Score
I'm at a complete loss (not anything new) to understand why the rights of an individual supersede the rights of everybody else. What about the rights of every "natural born" female who only wants to compete with other "natural born" females.
(BTW - this individual superseding everybody is NOT confined to just transgender)

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Another instance of a loser male that can't cut it against other male competition so he/she/it decides to compete against females. What is really sad is that there are those that defend such bullshit by calling it "fairness."

Reaction Score
I'm at a complete loss (not anything new) to understand why the rights of an individual supersede the rights of everybody else. What about the rights of every "natural born" female who only wants to compete with other "natural born" females.
(BTW - this individual superseding everybody is NOT confined to just transgender)

I see valid arguments on both sides but since most on this thread are favoring the rights of a group who are at an athletic disadvantage to compete among themselves and I would suggest:

1. A pro league for men under 6', who have been virtually excluded from being allowed to compete.
2. A pro league for people who have a vertical leap of less than 6 inches. Don't they have a right to compete among others of the same limitation?

I could go on but the point is that I don't ever remember ever hearing about a "right" to be allowed to compete athletically among equals. Besides, no one is disallowing females the right to compete. What people are complaining about is the reduced opportunity for females to win. Athletics is by definition discriminatory. It's an elitist paradigm and as so is diametrically opposed to much of what the women's rights movement is in favor of, an egalitarian society where gender is never used to deny anyone the right to participate in any activity.

Boys and girls compete successfully up to the age of about 12-14. It's only then, as puberty begins, that separate athletic programs kick in. But it's also when males who grow tall have an advantage against short and less coordinated males. And yet no special leagues are created for those males, who, despite their small size could still compete successfully against opponents of similar or lesser skill levels and physicality.

Reaction Score
Another instance of a loser male that can't cut it against other male competition so he/she/it decides to compete against females. What is really sad is that there are those that defend such Stop by calling it "fairness."

I have friends who are transgendered and not one is "faking it" in order to beat women in sports. How do you come off accusing the transgendered of being "losers"? Do you know of even one case of a man declaring himself transgendered so he could win an athletic competition? It wasn't that long ago when the transgendered could be beaten to death with little threat of the attacker even being arrested. I remember someone I worked with one summer when I was in college being fired from his job simply because he was arrested for "impersonating a female", meaning he was out in public wearing a dress.

There are endless ways to divide society. Should there be college slots reserved for those below a certain IQ level? Shouldn't those of lesser mental ability have a shot at succeeding? Is the current system "unfair"?

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
Well said.

Some people would say this is another instance where men attempt to co-op, subsume or minimize the accomplishments of women. To say this is merely a rights issue for the transgendered fails to take into account a whole host of societal issues, the top of that list being the right of women to enjoy competition in a system of a presumptive meritocracy. To me any "new" woman that wins in any such competition against women by birth is no true victor and a loss for everyone else.

I would have "liked" this four times, if that was possible.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Another instance of a loser male that can't cut it against other male competition so he/she/it decides to compete against females. What is really sad is that there are those that defend such Stop by calling it "fairness."

I just know you didn't say Stop. And congratulations. Horse Puckeys probably gats through the censor ... for future reference @vtcwbuff

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom