OT: Help Oh Computer Mavens! | The Boneyard

OT: Help Oh Computer Mavens!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I have been unable to do online banking with a small regional bank which is convenient to me. I've tried to sign up 5 times over the course of 4 years. Last effort yesterday, with same result. Does not recognize my password and when I try to do a reset it says it cannot recognize my identity. Others who use my internet provider successful do use this online banking service. My provider is puzzled and guesses that there is some "handshake issue" and when I ask why only us I get a shrug. I'm on a repeater with my provider. This is the only site I have had online financial services issues with. I'm headed to the bank to have one more whack at it, but it is maddening to say the least.

Suggestions?

Reaction Score
So you tried to sign up 5 times over 4 years with the same bank? All online? I actually had a problem with Citibank online application for a checking account. They want my signature and driver license, social security number and what have you, sent to different addresses. Then finally a copy of my birth certificate or passport. Then I found out that they require a minimum of $10k to have a free checking account so I am going to close the account. Very possibly, your problem might be with the bank software since you apply online. They need to clear your account from their database so you will not get all sorts of rejection. Did you think of using another email address? I don't think your isp has anything to do with the problem unless you use vpn. May be the best solution is going to the local branch as they will have better access to the online admin.

Reaction Score
I have been unable to do online banking with a small regional bank which is convenient to me. I've tried to sign up 5 times over the course of 4 years. Last effort yesterday, with same result. Does not recognize my password and when I try to do a reset it says it cannot recognize my identity. Others who use my internet provider successful do use this online banking service. My provider is puzzled and guesses that there is some "handshake issue" and when I ask why only us I get a shrug. I'm on a repeater with my provider. This is the only site I have had online financial services issues with. I'm headed to the bank to have one more whack at it, but it is maddening to say the least.

Suggestions?
I had some issues with my small local bank and they got their own Computer/systems guy to work the issue. The problem was on their end. Reassigned a new password and away we went.

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score

Suggestions?

I had a similar issue because they changed the user name requirements and my user name no longer fit the new specs (too short). Resolved it with a quick phone call to the bank.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
As suggested, try disabling your ad blocker. Also try using a different or a few different browsers. I alway make sure I have Mozilla, Google, Edge and Internet Explorer ready for instances just as you've described. Also never copy and paste in these instances, for occasioanlly sites such as these won't recognize it.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
As suggested, try disabling your ad blocker. Also try using a different or a few different browsers. I alway make sure I have Mozilla, Google, Edge and Internet Explorer ready for instances just as you've described. Also never copy and paste in these instances, for occasioanlly sites such as these won't recognize it.

What is Edge? I bought a new laptop a few weeks ago... and noticed the Edge Icon on the screen.... never clicked it. though...

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
What is Edge? I bought a new laptop a few weeks ago... and noticed the Edge Icon on the screen.... never clicked it. though...
Edge is a browser supplied by Microsoft and it is included as default in Windows 10. Some people use it, most don't.

Reaction Score
If you are still having issues, here are some other things to consider. Make sure the device you are using meets the minimum encryption and other standards set by the bank. Also, if you have the option of using a LAN cable directly into your modem, try to set up with that first. It will eliminate problems with the wifi connection. As others have mentioned, it is critical the the bank clear its database of any previous user names associated with the email address you are using. Make sure the version of your internet browser is supported.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
The winner @Puppy Love
Congratulations to the winner. I mean we all love puppies,right? But after all ,you did give him the Spam clue. Kind of a leg up,eh? Now please use your on line skills to transfer a large sum to the following account, just as a test of course! ;)

temery

What?
Reaction Score

Suggestions?

Clear your cache, use a proxy server, and try again. If that doesn't work, try using a friend's computer.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom