OT: Head units for cars | The Boneyard

OT: Head units for cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
just got a used car and it doesn't have bluetooth, aux port, or a tape deck... are there any head units that I can install/have installed that I dont have to take out every time? one that may look like its from the factory and can remain in installed all the time? im not even sure head unit is the right term... thanks

Last edited:

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
There are many to choose from but as for them looking factory you may be out of luck. You can order an OEM one on eBay for your male and model that will look stock but it probably won't have bluetooth, aux, etc. Personally in my car I recommend Pioneer, JBL and Sony. The ones with pop out touch screens are getting more affordable and have a nice stock look when you don't want the screen out. PM me if you have any questions on models or install, it's a pretty easy self install.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Not that this is a lot of help, but Crutchfield.com is a good place to go for car electronics. Great research section, etc...

There's plenty of units you don't need to remove every time. As far as looking stock, but getting all modern functionality, I think it's going to be tough. You might be able to "improve" or "addon" to the stock, but I didn't look into it:

http://www.crutchfield.com/m_318250/Factory-Radio-Improvement.html

eg. http://www.crutchfield.com/S-sMoi4aOoXR4/learn/upgrade-your-cars-sound.html

As for the tape deck request....are you going to need 8 track as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky
Top Bottom