OT: Head Coach Doug Gottlieb? | The Boneyard

OT: Head Coach Doug Gottlieb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
interesting. I mean what does Doug have to lose other than a cushy job? He can always go back to his analyst gig after the experiment fails.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If Gottlieb wants to be a head coach why isn't he working as an assistant coach...the question is rhetorical. The answer is probably money, but you don't just jump into head coaching. Long time assistants fail. I have no doubt someone with almost zero assistant coaching expierence will also fail.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I have nothing against Ok State, but that would be a disaster. They would be better off hiring Pat Summitt Jr.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Let's be honest. This would be Yuge!!!! Gottlieb has amazing basketball knowledge and would surround himself with the best and brightest people to make amazing decisions. He'll put up a wall around Stillwater and make Norman pay for it.

Gottlieb will make OSU great again.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
To his credit, he would be a steal for Okie St. If he gets lifted from his analyst role, the fans may get a charge if he is hired. Hell, their status may even be boosted by his presence.

I want to like this, but I can't seem to do it from my laptop.

Reaction Score
If Gottlieb wants to be a head coach why isn't he working as an assistant coach...the question is rhetorical. The answer is probably money, but you don't just jump into head coaching. Long time assistants fail. I have no doubt someone with almost zero assistant coaching expierence will also fail.

I can tell you first hand all about the smugness as I played against him in a basketball league a few years back. Total a ho l e.

Reaction Score
do us all a solid, OK State.

fall on the grenade.

Reaction Score
What is his about? Can't use sound right now.

Douggie was playing with his shorts on backwards. The students started chanting "shorts on backwards... clap...clap...clap clap clap" and Eddie Sutton called a timeout so he rest of the team could surround Gottlieb while he put his shorts on the right way.

Reaction Score
Do you think he would cheat? I mean, he has a great moral and ethical track record.....

Reaction Score
I like the guy, and I think he's a good analyst and radio host. I'm impressed with the disdain he gets around here. Dude made a dumb mistake when he was 18. We had a couple guys on our team make dumb mistakes at age 18.

In any event, if he takes the job, I hope it works out. I think he has the right background, level of game, and personality to do really well.

Reaction Score
I like the guy, and I think he's a good analyst and radio host. I'm impressed with the disdain he gets around here. Dude made a dumb mistake when he was 18. We had a couple guys on our team make dumb mistakes at age 18.

In any event, if he takes the job, I hope it works out. I think he has the right background, level of game, and personality to do really well.
Has more to do with the fact when he was on ESPN while UConn was going through all the Nate Miles sh t, he made a comment after UConn lost to St. John's in the Big East tourney that Roscoe Smith should decommit from UConn. His argument was basically that if Roscoe was watching that game, why would he want to be with that program.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

Since there is no dislike button, l'll just throw up. Gottlieb is an annoying, obnoxious, supercilious know-it-all.

Reaction Score
Has more to do with the fact when he was on ESPN while UConn was going through all the Nate Miles sh t, he made a comment after UConn lost to St. John's in the Big East tourney that Roscoe Smith should decommit from UConn.
Well, given that the recruitment of Nate Miles ended up getting JC suspended and given that Nate was a ginormous piece of trash who should never have been recruited, and given that Nate violated a judge's order within a day of said order being issued, thereby leading to his suspension, his comment was not without some basis, although he shouldn't have said it.

In any event, I like him - I'm not good at holding grudges past a day or so.

Reaction Score
I can't stand listening to him. Although he appears to be very knowledgeable about basketball he makes mind numbing statements that shows his strong subjective biases against certain programs and conferences. One year after the big east got something like 7 teams into the NCAA tournament he had all but one going out in the first round. Really Doug? I hope he gets the coaching gig so I don't have to listen to him anymore.

Reaction Score
I don't mind his analysis, as he's pretty astute, and might actually be a good coach. That being said, he is quite the chode, and I would also enjoy seeing him get knocked down a peg, because I'm absolutely not above that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom