OT have you ever had the blazing wings from Buffalo Wild Wings?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Archive' started by Scoe, Sep 5, 2016.

1. 8893

8893 Curiouser

Perhaps in the right circumstance--say, a total clusterScalito of a season--it might make sense to hang multiple previously sentenced persons whose sentences turned into total clusterScalitos, like, say, you and cto.

2. CL82

CL82 It's going to be ok - calm down and enjoy the ride

Lol, Joyce went into the witness protection program after that hanging. I hear she now works as waitress in a Tucson diner now.

8893 likes this.
  3. Deepster

Deepster

I could always just hang you for the personal entertainment of making you drink a ketchup and kombucha smoothie.

CL82 likes this.
  4. August_West

August_West Arby's is probably better than what you eat

Id be on the backline making food for CTO to bring out in Tuscon.

CL82 likes this.
  5. JonnyRI

JonnyRI The files are in the computer

August, I'm already working on making the belt.

Are we doing for set number fastest or most in a given period of time? I need to know what training regimen to follow.

Apologies to deepster but it has to be wings. You can keep the tofu sticks as the side show.

8893 and August_West like this.
  6. beakumhawks

beakumhawks

Tofu sticks? WTF? Sounds to me like Deep is trying to weasel out of this sucker. Will he next insist that you both wear pink frilly dresses?

The videos made me laugh. Now THIS is the boneyard I used to know.

August_West and 8893 like this.
  7. Deepster

Deepster

I don't eat meat. This started about eating hot peppers and I will. If it has to be wings, I guess I'm out. I'll eat the same amount of sauce or pepper as anyone else.

8. beakumhawks

beakumhawks

I would vote that peppers are okay but only if the contestants both wear pink frilly dresses. And many photos of the event are taken.

9. JonnyRI

Considering you were the one able to provoke August into the insanity of this thread I guess it would be hard to deny you your tofu sticks. Fair is fair. I'll stick with wings though.

10. JonnyRI

image.jpeg

August_West likes this.
  11. August_West

Let me know when this all gets ironed out.

Right now it sounds like I'm going to have to alternate wings and Buffalo shrimp with each of you flanking me.

I'm sure it's doable. But should I have to?

12. Deepster

Deepster

If it's an ability to handle the hottest food, I'm in. If it's eating wings, I'm not. Not sure what the issue is there. From the responses in this thread I'd tab August running to the bathroom then calling for the EMTs so he really shouldn't be that upset.

CL82 likes this.
  13. superjohn

superjohn

Because most hottest food challenges involve guys eating incredibly hot Buffalo wings not guys in pink tutus eating hot Tofu sticks.

David 76 and JonnyRI like this.
  14. Deepster

Deepster

I'm not sure it gets more challenging than.....eating the actual pepper. If taking the pepper, making a sauce and coating it on a fatty piece of chicken skin is more of a challenge, well....you're better "men" than I am.

15. storrsroars

storrsroars Exiled in Pittsburgh

Seitan wings would do. I'm a carnivore, but there's a place out here (Spak Bros.) that does an excellent buffalo seitan wing that would rival any piece of chicken. Trust me on this. Get some seitan (or make some), cut into tenders, fry 'em up, then douse 'em in the rocket fuel of your choice.

Deepster likes this.
  16. mauconnfan

mauconnfan

You don't even eat chikin deep? When did all of this start? Have you given up pissing on lounge chairs too? Rebel Yell? WTF

17. Deepster

Deepster

Chicken is meat, mau. All vegetables and fish 2-3 times a week. About a year now. Heart healthy, my friend.

18. mauconnfan

mauconnfan

2-3 times a week. What about the rest, you just drink water? I must have missed the email in which you did this, I'm happy for you no clue though. Like veggies hate fish, can't do it myself but respect those who do.

19. August_West

Dont despair Mau. Your buddy still will piss on a lawn chair, now it just smells like asparagus instead of pork chops. No biggie.

tzznandrew and mauconnfan like this.
  20. Deepster

Deepster

I definitely don't drink water.

Last night I had cod with grilled hot peppers, cherry tomatoes, red onion and salsa verde. Tonight is a veggie burger and corn on the cob. Lots of indian/middle eastern type food. Currys and stews. Lots of asian vegetable dishes, stir fry, pad thai type stuff.

21. 8893

8893 Curiouser

Sounds great.

Although I'm not going veggie again (I did for around a year and half 20+ years ago; the bacon in the jambalaya used for the Ragin' Cajun Omelet at Mo's Midtown in the West End of Hartford turned me back to meat), I have been eating more mindfully again for the past month or so. I was just commenting to my wife recently how great it feels to have reached the point again where I am genuinely hungry enough that good, whole food tastes really freaking good. Late summer is also a really good time for that, because of the abundance of fresh, local fruits and vegetables.

22. mauconnfan

mauconnfan

I approve the "Currys" obviously. Veggie burgers good too - love grilled veggies and try to be sure I have those rather than the fries and other sides which are so bad. Sometimes I fail, hence I need to steer a bit towards your thinking but can't take that too far. My "stews" need plenty of beef, carrots, potatoes etc etc ....Asian stir fry always good.

Deepster and 8893 like this.
  23. mauconnfan

mauconnfan

My wife grilled the best asparagus the other night with our steaks and I couldn't stop eating it. Middle of the night take one of my couple leaks and OMG the stench was so prevalent it was unbelievable. I could only then imagine the women/girls in the past who thanked me a while later for the great meal I took them out for which included asparagus quite often? Yikes:confused:

24. CL82

CL82 It's going to be ok - calm down and enjoy the ride

So years ago a bunch of my son’s friends were hanging out at the house. I fired up the grill and made some cheese burgers for them. When I put everything out, one of the guys looks up at me and says "Mr. 82, are these veggie burgers?' I said, "I'm sorry Dan. I forgot that you are a vegetarian. Let me make something up for you." He replied, "No that's okay, I'll just have one of these." I asked if he was sure and that it wasn't a bother but he said he was fine. The kid takes a bite and it's like I could hear the Hallelujah chorus going off. Those starved fat receptors were "alright, now this is what I'm talking about!” He looked at me and said “Oh my god, this is sooo good.” I think there may have been tears of joy welling up in his eyes. That was his last day as a vegetarian. It's years later and his mom, a pretty devoted vegan, still likes to thank me for that. My answer is always an enthusiastic “You’re welcome!”

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    CTMike, August_West and 8893 like this.
  25. Deepster

Deepster

I'm guessing the asparagus was the least of their concern.