OT: Have The Energy For this? | The Boneyard

OT: Have The Energy For this?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Wanna play a game? It's called "Have you noticed?" and it requires you to be funny, original and depressingly negative at the same time. Social commentary really. Not June yet gang. Watcha gotta lose?

I'll go first.

Have you noticed how the reconstituted, some pulp orange juice you're drinking doesn't taste like orange juice really, just some sweet, acid liquid with some pulp AND all you can think of is you better rinse and buy that $9 toothpaste that restores enamel?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I probably don't have the right combination of things - but have you noticed that warnings on items are getting ridiculous. I thought warnings on microwavable food advising that it would be hot after microwaving was, um, odd - but I bought a small garden hose today that contained a warning that, if I was to wrap it around my throat, I could strangle myself. For humor - just picture someone wrapping a hose around their neck like it was a good idea. For depressingly negative - someone must have done it for them to think of putting the warning.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Have you noticed that everyone now cuts the corner when turning into a road? My favorite is when they look at you annoyed that you are stopped in your lane because they want cross through it to make their turn.

JS

Reaction Score
Have you noticed that packages can't be opened anymore? Try and find the right spot. Use your fingernail. Pull somewhere, and it just bends. Try somewhere else and you break your fingernail.

Sledge hammer? Garden shears? Blow torch?

Get out the scissors. If that works, you can't reseal the package without tape (uh, oh, tape's still in its package), and you've probably cut what's inside.

If there is anything inside. Manufacturers may realize with adult-proof packaging they don't have to sell you any product. Because you'll give up and throw the package away, or at someone who asks what you're doing with a bag of salad at your workbench.

JS

Reaction Score
Have you noticed that everyone now cuts the corner when turning into a road? My favorite is when they look at you annoyed that you are stopped in your lane because they want cross through it to make their turn.
Oh, they don't always cut the corner. That's just when you're coming from the side. If you're behind them, they make the wide turn. The one that takes them into the middle of the intersection, with no signal, before the dramatic reveal of which way, if at all, they're turning.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Have you noticed that packages can't be opened anymore? Try and find the right spot. Use your fingernail. Pull somewhere, and it just bends. Try somewhere else and you break your fingernail.

Sledge hammer? Garden shears? Blow torch?

Get out the scissors. If that works, you can't reseal the package without tape (uh, oh, tape's still in its package), and you've probably cut what's inside.

If there is anything inside. Manufacturers may realize with adult-proof packaging they don't have to sell you any product. Because you'll give up and throw the package away, or at someone who asks what you're doing with a bag of salad at your workbench.

Brilliant and unfortunately true. It use to be just video disk wrapping. Now it's everything. I hate carrying a "pen knife" but you are almost forced to do it.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Oh, they don't always cut the corner. That's just when you're coming from the side. If you're behind them, they make the wide turn. The one that takes them into the middle of the intersection, with no signal, before the dramatic reveal of which way, if at all, they're turning.

You two must live in Massachusetts? Here in the sticks of MT the most common annoying road habit is deciding to turn on your turn signal 10 feet before the turn. The most common habit is driving drunk without a seat belt. That's not annoyingbecause it's a habit that eventually takes care of itself, if you know what I mean.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
Have you noticed that no one, but most especially in the "service industries", has a human being answer the phone anymore. And the identification process - answer the questions to get to a person, gets longer and longer and longer. Their time and money is important but not yours. By the time you get to a customer rep you're so frustrated it's difficult to be civil.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
Wanna play a game? It's called "Have you noticed?" and it requires you to be funny, original and depressingly negative at the same time. Social commentary really. Not June yet gang. Watcha gotta lose?

I'll go first.

Have you noticed how the reconstituted, some pulp orange juice you're drinking doesn't taste like orange juice really, just some sweet, acid liquid with some pulp AND all you can think of is you better rinse and buy that $9 toothpaste that restores enamel?

Great idea Rocky. God that felt good.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Great idea Rocky. God that felt good.

Whatever I can do! Not good to hold it in ... whatever it is. BTW some of those robots do listen better than some of those humans.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom